Best Friends Forever

The next day..

It's getting harder and harder for me to wake up everyday. I felt very lonely and alone.

Why haven't I found you yet my mate? My soul, my love, my purpose to live.

I got a pocket got a pocket full of sunshine I got a love and I know that it's all mine oh ooh wooh..

My phone's ringing

"Hey Em, What's up?"

"CAN WE MEET? MY PARENT'S TOLD ME ABOUT THE BIG SURPRISE" she sounded so excited and cheerful.

At least one of us was happy.

"Sure, let's have breakfast together"

"I'll be there in ten minutes, mwa"

Another day without a mate, another day alone.

"Honey you're not alone you have us" my mom said with concern

What, did I just say that out loud?

"I know mom but it gets kinda lonely cause all of you are mushy mushy and here I am alone without a mate"

"Ava you have your best friend Esme and you have us. You are not alone"

I realized that I was overreacting and mom was right I have Em and my family, through thick and thin.

"You're right mom, speaking of Esme. She's coming over"

Mom smiled "Good you won't feel alone anymore. I made you a chicken sandwich and I made waffles for Esme"

Yep, my mom is the best

"Ava!!!!" Em was shouting from the front door to the dining table

"Good morning to you too Em"

"Oops, Sorry. I'M GOING TO PARIS!!!"

Wow her life long dream.

"REALLY? When do you leave?" I asked, and for the first time in a long time I was genuinely excited

"TOMORROW, but.."

"But what?"

"Mom and dad told me you can't come because it was just the three of us"

Well that's a shocker

"It's okay Em I understand. That's awesome at least your parents are reaching out to you. Maybe the three of you get close after the trip"

"Thanks for understanding A, love ya"

It was sad but I understood. It was a big step for her family. It's for the best.

"Em, mom made you waffles!"

"My favorite! Gimme!"

And just like that I felt alone again..

After eating Em and I went to my room to talk.

"So Em, since you're not going to be here on your birthday I'm gonna give you your present now"

Her face lit up and she smiled

"Here, let me put it on you" I said while showing her my gift. A gold bracelet that has half a heart.

"PART I CR?" She asked

I raised my arm to show her my bracelet

"PARTNERS IN CRIME" I connected the heart on her bracelet to mine.

She hugged me and cried.
"Thank you for being my best friend A, thank you for being there for me always"

Em is family to me. She's not just my best friend, she's more than that to me. She's my sister. All my life since I met her I felt alone, then I met Em and that completely changed. I had a sister. My soul sister.

"Don't get too sad Em you're supposed to be happy"

"I know, I'm happy" she wiped her tear

"Best friends forever?"

"FOREVER AND ALWAYS!"

"Enjoy your trip to paris okay? I'll see you as soon as you get back"

"I will. I have to go A, I still have to pack"

"Okay. Happy birthday Em!"

"Thank you"