The Smoothie Challenge Part 1

I know it's been a LONG time! But I won't leave this story hanging. So here's Chapter 3!

Disclaimer: Hiro Mashima owns Fairy Tail.

"As you can see, in this setting, we have 18 brown paper bags," Erza said.

On the Lucy and Lisanna's table was two bags, one that had written on 'Heads' and another 'Tails.' Behind them on the counter were the remaining bags numbered from 1 to 16. In front of the contestants was a jar filled with folded pieces of paper.

On either side of the two was a blender and smoothie cup.

"In this challenge, our competitors will draw folded pieces of paper from the jar," Levy explained. "They'll unfold it to reveal a written number. Whatever number they pick, they must take the corresponding numbered bag and open it. There will be a mystery ingredient in it, and they have to put a fair amount of the ingredient in their smoothie."

"When all the bags are used, or when they each have eight ingredients in their smoothies, nine including the special solvent, they'll blend it up," Mirajane said.

"Whoever has the better tasting smoothie, OR can hold it in..." the barmaid casted a sly grin at her sister and the blonde, causing them to sweat.

"Is... The winner!" she finished gleefully.

"Now without further ado, let's begin with the solvents," Kinana said while motioning to the heads and tails bags on the table.

"Each of you, choose: Heads or tails?" Laki asked.

Lisanna turned to Lucy. "I'll be heads."

Lucy shrugged. "Guess that leaves me with tails."

Each grabbed their specific bag. "You can open yours first," Lisanna offered.

"Oh, alright." Lucy opened her bag. Her expression wasn't sour. Just confused.

"Dr. Pepper? What is this?" Lucy questioned.

Erza approached the blonde. "It's kind of like Coca Cola. You remember that, don't you? The drink Gray introduced to you when Natsu burned a book you published?"

"Oh yeah," Lucy's mood became dull. "Dr. Pepper, huh? Is this really fit for a smoothie?"

"You'll have to find out!" Wendy answered enthusiastically.

Lucy reluctantly took her blender cup and poured some Dr. Pepper in.

"My turn now!" Lisanna cried. She opened her bag so fast it almost ripped. She gasped.

"My favorite! Mocha frappucino!" she squealed happily.

"A mocha frappucino?! Lucky..." Lucy whined.

Lisanna joyfully poured it into her blender cup. Lucy eyed their blender cups suspiciously. She turned to the female hosts.

"This challenge doesn't exactly seem safe..." she said slowly.

"How do you suppose?" Kinana asked with an innocent smile. Lucy scrunched her eyebrows. She pointed a thumb towards the bags behind her. "You don't have anything deadly in there, do you?"

With that, Mira's smile became a frown. "Lucy, this is merely a game. Something for fun. Why would we do anything to harm you and Lisanna, our family?"

Lucy's eyes widened at that. She suddenly looked guilty. "You're right. I'm sorry, I know you'd never do something like that."

Mira's smile returned. "Good. And Don't worry Lucy. It'll all make sense to you and Lisanna at the end. Now, shall we continue?"

"You bet! I'm all fired up!" Lucy cried, pumping a fist in the air, causing everyone to laugh, including the blonde. However, the girls looked astonished. No one caught the triumphant smirk Levy cast at Evergreen.

Before the game could continue, the guild doors opened to reveal a beautiful blunette with a big hat on her head. "Welcome back, Juvia!" Erza greeted warmly. "How was the job?"

"Nothing too tough," the water wizard replied. Her eyes shifted to the happy celestial mage sitting at the table at the front of the guild. Her blue eyes turned dark.

"My love rival...." she seethed in an eerie voice, causing Lucy to groan. Before anything else happened, Wendy ran to Juvia and beckoned for her to lower down so she could whisper in her ear.

When Wendy finished passing the message, no words could describe the smile on Juvia's face.

"Does this mean that Juvia can have her beloved Gray all to herself now?!"

"Uhhh... I guess so," Wendy answered nervously. "EEEEHHHH!!!!!" Juvia squealed while jumping up and down, very much confusing everyone in the room that was unaware of the ladies' plan.

In the blink of an eye, the water mage was beside Lucy, shaking the blonde's hand vigorously.

"From this day forward, I'd like us to be friends, Lucy Heartfilia! What do you say? Shall we start over?" Juvia asked, joyfully. 

"Sure, why not?" Lucy was secretly grateful that whatever purpose this was for had solved her awkward relationship with the blunette.

"Anywho... Let's start drawing ingredients for our smoothies! This is off to a good start!" Bisca called.