Introduction

I need to get away. I cant stay here while they are around. Im suffocating and i feel myself slowly but surely withering away. My mind is made up. Today is going to be the end and the beginning. Today im escaping. Today im going to achieve my dream.
I pack my bags quietly and take out the secret stash of money ive hidden away. I look at my tiny windowless room one last time, the only place where i have ever felt warmth and comfort.
Everyone should be asleep right now. Its half past three am I reassure myself. But I cant help feeling nervous, excited and mostly afraid. Afraid that i wont be able to escape. Afraid that I would.
I leave my room and run down the squeaky dirty stairs. I almost reach the front door when someone yanks my hair from behind. My eyes fill with tears and i whimper a high pain filled sound. Fuck! He's going to kill me!
"What do you think you're doing bitch?" He whispered in my ear sending shivers down my spine.
"I...I.." I stutter not really sure what to say, how to get out of this mess. He doesn't let me finish. This monster of a man drags me by my hair and throws me on the ground. He then squats next to me holding my gaze the whole time. I can see the rage and madness gleaming through them.
"You want to escape?! Is that what you were trying to do? You ungrateful child! What haven't I done for you? I should have married you off and gotten rid of you!" He is shouting now.. Spit flying everywhere.
He raises his big paws of a hand and smacks  me so hard I feel my lip getting split. Usually he would stop there but what i did tonight, what i almost did has made him furious.
He beats me up until i see stars. Until I'm so numb I'm not even making any sounds anymore.
Happy freaking 18th Birthday to myself!