6

All mates are required to live or stay with their mates at all cost.
That's what it says. I'm in shocked and read that same line at least ten times. I look at Thomas and see him not smiling anymore. "Wait Teresa do you hate me?" he whispers. I'm about to say I do but then I see that his hazel brown chocolate eyes turned black. He's sad. "Um. No." I say. He studies me. "Thomas it's just that you need to understand that this is to much to me and I don't know how to be a mate." I say. He looks at me and nods. "Okay. I'll do. I'll live with you." I say. "Teresa no it's okay. I shouldn't hav-" I cut him off by saying "No Thomas, I want to." He nods. He tries to hold my hand but I flinch when I remember the electricity between us when he first touched me. He looks surprised but doesn't acknowledge it. I leave the room and he goes back to his paper works.

I'm lost. After exploring these long hallways I'm lost. I hear some giggles and laughter and follow that sound. I see Sonya and Harriet in a table having tea and biscuits, they're in a fancy room. I walk towards them but Harriet sees me first and acknowledges Sonya. "Teresa!!" they say happily. "Hi." I say to them. "Come dear, please join us!" says Sonya to me. "Um I.. Okay." I say to them and sit down at a chair. "So tell us how's having Thomas as s mate?" says Sonya eagerly. "Uh.." I say. "Hey, Teresa. Be gentle on him." says Harriet. I look at her and say "Why?" "It hasn't been easy for him these past years. Imagine that two of your closest friends come up to you and say that they found their mates and you still haven't found yours." says Harriet. "When both Newt and Minho found us, Thomas was very happy towards them and towards us. But every day, me and Sonya would follow him to his room at night and see him depressed that he still hasn't found his mate." says Harriet. "Teresa, he even cried. Cried. I mean Thomas never cries in front of us or his friends." says Sonya. "Teresa, he even came to one point to die because he thought that his mate died or something." says Harriet. "But then you came." says Sonya happily. I flush. "Oh I remember how he came in the door when he knew it was you." says Harriet chuckling. "How?" I say curious. "He came in running and he grabbed Newt and started dancing with him in the hallways. He started signing that song from Sleeping Beauty, that song that says ~ I have a dream ~." says Sonya chucking. "You would a thought that he just had his first child!!" says Harriet laughing. I laugh too. " He described you to us." says Sonya. "Yup." Harriet says sipping her tea. "We were so excited for him and he even asked us if we could decorate your room." says Harriet. "Of course we agreed, but we made him promise that you will meet us." Sonya says. "Thank you." I say to them. They look at me surprised and say "For what?" "Thank you for being so nice to me and being very welcoming to me. It's all to much for me to understand but I'll try my best." I say to them. "I never had any friends you know. I was always home schooled." I say to them. They both put their hands on my shoulder and say "You're very welcome Teresa, and you'll always be our friend." I smile at them and continue to talk to them the whole hour. Laughing and giggling.