Chapter 1

*Michael's P.O.V*

 "Michael, you need to warm up your voice more. Try to drink water or something" my manager said to me. I sighed and pick up my water bottle and drank it for the tenth time. I really hate being in the studio for this reason. I am doing the best I can and my manager still doesn't like it. I thought this was for my career, not my manager's. It's annoying how he doesn't understand that I like my voice where it is. He doesn't understand that this is what I want, not what he wants. A couple hours later I walked out of the recording booth exhausted. My manager stopped me in my tracks. I sigh and look at him, putting on a fake smile before he started talking. "Michael, I really need a raise. My family is running low on money and I don't want my children to starve."

 I furrowed my eyebrows. I was currently giving this man $200K per year. He has been working for me for 4 years now. "Look, I am paying you a lot of money now. I can't give you a raise. You are making over $200K a year. What are you using your money on? That is more than enough to feed your kids and wife." I say and I guess I surprised him because it took him a couple minutes to reply. "I am not asking for a fight, Michael. I am just saying that I need more money" "For what?" He looked down and back up to me "A-A new car" I sighed and walked away, rolling my eyes. I heard him yelling, but I chose to just ignore it. That man is getting on my nerves.

 I open the door and walk to the limo. I got in and the driver took me home. I was extremely tired so -when I got home I walked up the stairs and flopped on my bed, not even bothering getting dressed in my pajamas. After a while I tossed and turned, so I finally got up and changed to get more comfortable and I plopped back on my bed. Jeez, today was tiring. I finally got comfortable and fell asleep, knowing I had another day in the studio tomorrow. When I woke up I tiredly walked downstairs and ate the breakfast the my maid made me.

 I walked back upstairs and got a shower and saw that I was running late. I quickly put on my clothes and ran to the limo, hoping to get there on time. When I got there, there was a car that I never seen, parked in the parking lot. I furrowed my eyebrows and got out, telling the driver to pick me up at 2 pm. I walked inside and I was met with my tech guy. "Uh, bad news." I furrowed my eyebrows, signaling him to continue. "Uh, Max quit." I widened my eyes and looked around for my manager, Max. He was no where to be seen. "Why?" I asked him. "He said he wasn't getting enough money and that you were too hard on him"

 I laughed in sarcasm and bent down and held up one finger. "So you are telling me that he quit because I was giving him little money when really I was giving him $200K a year? Wow" My tech manager chuckled and said "Anyway, I found a person who is willing to work with you." He turned around and motioned a young lady about my age towards us. She walked over with a smile on her face and said "Hello, Mr. Jackson! I am Madeline Davis, but you can call me Maddy." I smiled at her as she held out her hand for a hand shake. I shook her hand and said 

 "Glad you are here. And it's a pleasure to meet you. Oh and you don't have to call me Mr. Jackson. You can just call me Michael" She smiled and nodded. I smiled as well and studied her features. Hazel eyes with light brown hair tied into a ponytail. She had the prettiest smile I have ever seen and she had the most beautiful bo- "Michael!" my tech manager said to me while waving his hand in front of my face. I blinked, noticing that I was staring at a big space of air where Maddy was once standing. I looked at him and hummed in response. 

 "Come on Michael, she just got hired today and you are already hitting on her." I giggle and look at my tech dude and said "I'm not!" He laughed "Dude! You totally are!" I blush "Well, she is cute. I-I mean I wouldn't date her or anything" He nods and walks away giggling. I shake my head and continue on my way to the recording booth. I smile to myself, seeing Maddy looking at me and waiting patiently. "So what song are you going to work on today, Michael?" She asks. "Heal the World" I say.

 She nods and motions me into the booth after handing the paper over to me. I smiled and took the paper and walked in the booth. I stood behind the microphone and waited for the music to start. It started and I started singing "There's a place in your heart and I know that it is love and in this place could be much brighter than tomorrow. And if you really try you'll find there's no need to cry" I look over at Maddy and see that her eyes were glowing. I smiled and tried to suppress a giggle. It finally came to my head. I like her. I am falling deeply in love with her.