Maximoff

"What's he done now?" a woman Jax assumed to be the boy's mother asked. She looked frayed and like she'd answered the door to groups of people looking for her kid hundreds of times. "I'll just write you a check for whatever he took." she shook her head.

"We just need to talk to him." Logan stated. She nodded and opened the door all they way, allowing them in.

"Peter!" she called. "The cops are here!" she stepped out of their way. "Again." she sounded so tired. "Down there." she told them, pointing to a door. Logan turned the knob and lead the group down the wooden stairs. At the bottom, there was a large room. A young man with silver hair was at a ping-pong table, playing the game all by himself. Jax was impressed. The kid had super speed.

"What do you guys want?" Peter asked, not taking his eyes off the game. "I didn't do anything, I've been in here all day." He told them. He seemed to disappear and reappear on the couch against the wall.

"Just relax, Peter, we're not cops." Logan said.

"Of course you're not cops, if you were cops, you wouldn't be driving a rental car and that smokin' lady right there wouldn't have on a Pink Floyd shirt." Peter said quickly and winked at Jax. "How ya doin'?"

"How'd you know we've got a rental car? And that's my girlfriend."

"I checked your registration when you were walking through the door. I had some spare time so I looked at your rental agreement and saw you're from out of town. Are you FBI?" he asked. He spoke so quickly. Jax wondered what his mind was like, how fast his thoughts moved. There was a sound like someone sipping a coat too quickly and Peter stood behind them with Charles' wallet in his hands. "Nope, you're not FBI. Hey, what's this Gifted Youngsters place?" Peter zipped back over to the couch.

"That's an old card..." Charles groaned, picking up his wallet off the pin-pong table.

"He is fascinating." Hank stated.

"Yes he is." Jack agreed, she was intrigued by the young man.

"He's a pain in the ass." Charles snorted.

"What? A teleporter?"

"No, he's just fast." Jax mumbled, looking around for him.

"Well, when I knew him, he wasn't so... young." Logan chimed in. He said young but he meant Peter wasn't such a smartass in the future.

"Young?" Peter asked. "You're just old, except her, how old are you?"

"None of your business." Charles snapped.

"Twenty- seven." Jax answered.

"How do you feel about younger guys?" Peter asked. "Nice shirt." he winked. They had on the same Pink Floyd shirt. Charles was finished with the kid.

"So you're not afraid to show your powers?" Hank raised an eyebrow.

"Powers? What powers? What are you talking about? You see something strange here? Nothing anybody would believe if you told them." The boy zipped between Charles and Jack to the Pac-Man machine across the room. "So who are you and what do you want?"

"We need your help, Peter." Logan put his hands on his hips.

"For what?"

"To break into a highly-secured facility and get someone out."

"Prison break? That's illegal, you know?"

Jax looked around the room at all the TV's and Twinkie boxes that still had price tags on them.

"Only if you get caught." she smirked. That grabbed his attention.

"What's in it for me?" Peter asked.

"You, you kleptomaniac, get to break into the pentagon." Charles retorted, taking off his sunglasses to wipe his eyes.

"How do I know I can trust you?" he asked, turning around on his stool.

"Because we're like you."

"Show him." Charles told Logan. The big man held up his fist, slowly, long claws poked through his skin and grew between his fingers.

"It's cool but it's disgusting." Peter nodded. "What about you?" he looked at Jax. She pulled off her hat to reveal the auburn fur covered ears on her head. "That's kinda kinky."

"Mate," Charles warned.

"Alright, I'm in." Peter agreed. 

*** I've started on the prequel to this, it's really sad, but I was wondering if anybody wanted it? It's based on X-Men: First Class. Just comment and let me know if you're interested.