Sahar

Backstory time
Her name: Katerina
Mother: Arabic
Father : Italian
Names
Mother: Alhena
Father: Dante
Brother: Giovanni
Brother: Matteo
Sister: Abal

Story
Katerina was born in Italy on 12/1/47 (which would make her 65 but she has a ring that prevents aging so she has been 17 for 60 years). Her father Dante had been hoping for a boy that he could teach his magic to but was instead gifted a baby girl. The parents decided to name her Katerina.
Katerina was the oldest of her family 3 years after she was born her sister Abal was born. Alhena decided her name. Dante started to worry that his wife would not be able to produce a boy and started to train Katerina in the art of magic. After 4 years of training Katerina her parents announced that they were going to have another child and Matteo was born. His presence over joyed Dante he was very excited that he would be able to train his boy. Sadly 3 days after Matteo turned one he died of disease. The family was filled with sorrow, so much that Dante stopped maintaining his business and went out of it. The family was evicted after a year of not paying rent and Dante declared that he would find a better life for his family. They rode to the coast on horseback and then got on a ship to America. But the ship was not allowed to transport the Italians/Arabics. Luckily the captain was foolish and Dante was able to sneak his family on. At this time Katerina was only 9 and was finely trained in the art of magic though she worried that when they got to America she would not be able to excel she thought for sure that if her father had a boy child all hope would be lost. When they got to America they had to change their names. Katerina was changed to Katherine, Alhena to Alana, Dante to Daniel, and Abal to Abel. The family then took the last name of shwarts. They moved into a small house in New York City. Katherine's father gave up hope and started training her once again. She trained day and night it was her favorite thing to do. After another 1 year she was almost an expert. But one night when she was 10 years old she heard crys of pain coming from her bathroom she ran in to see her mother giving birth. Katherine helped her mother and the baby was born, by this time both Abel and Daniel had woken up and were also helping. After 2 hours the baby was born. It was a boy and Daniel named him Giovanni but his American name was Gavin. At the sight of him Katherine's heart shattered and filled with joy a million times over. She didn't know what to think and started crying and ran out. Her mother came into her room about an hour labor limping due to how sore she was and sat next to Katherine. "my beautiful Katerina what is wrong child" she said. "Father will now take away my magic lessons due to the birth of this child" Katherine replied with a sob. "Now my dear Katerina a woman's place is at home tending to the family, not out doing silly magic tricks". All of the sudden she filled with rage towards her mother but let it go in a heartbeat. She realized her mother was right... In this age that was how it was. Katherine spent the next 7 years learning to be a proper young lady but she still felt empty without her magic. Daniel was almost done training Gavin but Gavin did a spell wrong one day and it caused him to go insane and cast a shrinking spell on his father Daniel then turned very small. Since he was an expert in the field of magic he went on a killing spree using spells. Katherine decided he had to be stopped and she was the only one who could do it. She confronted her brother and they had a war. In the last minutes of the war katherine used all her emotions and channeled them into her spell. Her power became so strong that her brother was no match for her. She took away Gavin's powers locked him away he was still insane. Katherine then saw her mother and tiny father staring in awe at what she did. Her father took his hat off and handed it to her and also gave her a ring that prevented aging. Both were very small but they fit. After taking off the ring her father turned to dust with his dying words being "I always loved and believed in you Katerina". Her mother finally said "I always knew you could do it my little Sahar sanie"