Chapter 3: Who? What? Where? Why?

Aiden Fairfax. The jock of all jocks. He was the star quarterback for our school's football team and one of the most popular guys at our school. He had dark black hair and a hairstyle similar to Kevin's except his sides weren't shaved and his hair was straighter. His eyes were dark brown, but seemed warmer and gentler than most and dimples to boot. Basically, the dude was perfect in every way possible, the exact opposite of me. Was I jealous of the guy? Duh, who wouldn't be! However, I digress. Aiden might seem perfect, but like the saying goes, no one is perfect because everyone has imperfections. Some just have the privilege of having less noticeable flaws than others.

"Maybe they're related?"

"They really do look alike. Like seriously, they could be twins," Marcus sputtered.

"But why is she just now transferring to our school? It just seems a bit weird. What do you think, Maison?"

"I'm not really sure, but like Marcus said, they really do look a like. Maybe Alexa is his sister."

"Who's sister am I," Alexa teasingly asked standing behind me.

"Are you really related to that jerk," Marcus grunted.

"Jerk? You mean Aiden? I wouldn't call him a jerk or anything, but yeah we're cousins," explained Alexa playing with her hair.

"Cousins then. Not siblings," Julie thought out loud.

"So why'd you transfer here?"

Still playing with her hair, she said, "My family moves around a lot, but I guess my parents finally wanted to settle down again, so we moved back here since it's my mom's hometown. My aunt was also super excited about us moving back since she's been trying to convince my mom to live close by and all."

"That makes sense," I finally spoke.

"Yup, so here I am!"

"Are you sure you want to be seen hanging around us? I mean, we're not the most popular of groups around here, ya know," Marcus said.

"I like you guys! You're definitely a lot more exciting and interesting than all those other popular pricks. You guys are also a lot less scary and creepy than some of the people here. Plus Maison here was the first person I met, so it must be some kind of fate, right?"

"Whatever floats your boat, I guess," I tried to sound mellow, but secretly was just a bit happy that someone actually wanted to get to know me and join my group of friends. 

"Since we're all friends now, do you guys want to come over? I can show you around my place!"

"Ah sorry I have a study group tonight," Julie said disappointment on her face.

"My shows on tonight and I can't miss it. Maybe another time!"

"Aww okay then. How about you, Maison," she whined with a cute little pout.

"Yeah sure. I'm free."

Her house wasn't too far from school and took us about 15 minutes to get to.

"Hey Aiden," I hesitantly greeted.

"Why are you in my house?"

"Alexa invited me over."

"Oh. Did Kevin come with you?"