Chapter 1 - New

I stand at the door awkwardly, contemplating knocking. My fist is raised, about to be connected with the door, until it suddenly swings open. In front of me stands a rather tall girl. Her curly blonde hair is tied up neatly in a pony tail, on the top of her head. Her light blue eyes are staring at me with shock and confusion. It takes both of us a while to speak, but she is the first to do so.

"Hi! I am Lacey. Are you looking for someone?" She says with a huge smile plastered across her face. She steps out of the room, closing the door behind her.

"Well-uh, actually, I am pretty sure I am supposed to be in that classroom." I state, my voice sounding quite confident.

"Oh.. Were you going to actually go in?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowing, clearly confused.

"Yeah.. I was just having a moment to uh, think." I answer.

"Oh, well I have to pee, so cya!" She says running off down the corridor. I take a deep breath and open up the door. A male is sitting at a brown desk, towards the front of the classroom. He has dark brown hair, almost black, he is wearing plaid with black jeans that are hugging him. He immediately looks up and his light blue eyes stare into my identical ones. His face immediately turns a bright red, but he looks away. When he doesn't look back at me I go up to him and say,

"Hi.. I am Willow. And you are clearly not the teacher..." He looks at me funnily, taking a deep breathe before he introduces himself.

"Uh, hi. I am not the teacher, he left to grab the test papers from his car. I was pretending to be the teacher. We all do it. So uh, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I am the new kid." I state spreading my arms out wide.

"Right, I heard about you.. You should sit next to Chelsea, she'll help you out." He says holding his breath. I simply nod and walk over to the girl waving at me. I plop my bag on the ground and take my seat, smiling at Chelsea.

"Hi, I am Chelsea. And you must be Willow. Where's your timetable so I can see what classes we have together?"

"Nice to meet you Chelsea." I grab my bag and pull the zipper, grabbing the first bit of paper I see, knowing its my timetable. "Here." I hand over my timetable as she scans through it.

"We have English, History, Science and we obviously have art together." She smiles, handing me back my timetable. I take in her appearance. Brown hair, hazel eyes. She is quite pretty. "So, where you from? And what made you decide to move, here?"
"I was born in the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Australia, And well, my dad got offered a job and he cant really refuse it." I reply. Chelsea opens her mouth to speak but the door swings open and what I assume is the teacher walks in with a handful of papers.

"O, get out of my seat!" The man says to 'O'. I start wondering about O. Who is he? Why did he blush when I walked in? Will he ever talk to me again? He is really cute, and when he blushed, that was really-

"Willow?" I blink a few times, regaining the sight I never knew I lost. "Willow?" Its Chelsea.

"Huh?" I look around and realise that there is no one here, even the teacher was gone. I look back to where Chelsea was standing but she's gone. I stand up and slowly spin around. When I feel someone breathing on my neck. I immediately freeze, who is this?

"Willow!" I open my eyes and Chelsea is back in her original spot. "Class is over, come on, lets go. We have lunch now." I stand up, shoving my art book into my bag and pulling my bag onto my shoulder. "As I was saying, what's the Sunshine Coast like?"

"Oh it's pretty good. I basically lived on the beach and in the sand. I used to do surf life saving with my dad."

"Oh cool! Well we are very happy to have you!" Chelsea exclaims.