Xavier

I walked out into the street quickly. The clashing of metal had caught my attention as I had sat in my room doing my homework for my school report. Across the road, a young boy and his father clashed swords as they dueled each other with intense passion. The boy looked about twelve. He swung the sword using two hands, even though the weapon was considered a 'light' weapon. The father was wielding a long broadsword, parrying his child's attacks with ease. His blade sparkled in the light as he clashed his son's sword downwards. The boy lost his balance, nearly collapsing into the ground. He picked up his sword once more and took a stab. The dad tried to dodge, but it was more like a failed jump. He dropped his weapon as the boy hit the sword. The father bent down to pick up his sword. The boy, who was too young, and too slow, to realize what the father was about to do, raised his sword for the final blow. I looked away as the dad slashed at the boy's neck as a twisted and stood up. I heard a scream and a thud. I slowly looked at the child's small, lifeless body. He was spread eagle on the ground, his arms reaching for his head a few inches away. Slowly, the body disintegrated, and the boy opened the door, ready for another round.

I sighed and walked back into my empty house. I looked at my essay and sat down writing more. It was for my history class. Then, I slowly began to drift away as I thought about the reality of things. The boy being murdered by his dad, for fun. It's now a sport; a game. Hundreds of years ago, it would be an atrocity. It had started with the ban of guns. People began to be arrested for owning a gun, thanks to the Guns With War Proclamation. When a mass shooting happened, the president decided that guns were to be given for militia uses only, and were only to be given to armed soldiers overseas. Guns were no longer legally made, and any guns being sold were destroyed. Other countries joined in. Ten years later, the Life Chip was made. Doctor Kyle Harbin, a scientist and engineer, had created a microchip that could bring you back to life, after death. Whenever you died, you would be brought back to life in a life chamber, which would heal your wounds and your organs. Old people began to look young again, as their bodies began to fix themselves. Criminals gave up on murdering cause it had become pointless. Dr. Harbin became the creation of a new era; the Life Era.

After a few years, two more creations came to life. Dr. Harbin created an updated chip, which would dissolve into your bloodstream, so it couldn't be removed. Another addition was the dissolving of the body after death, so then the body could not be stolen from. When a person died, their possessions would go with them, as long as they are wearing, or holding, the items. The other creation was the No Currency creator. This was a machine that could work by itself to better society. Money was becoming a burden, do to debts and other issues. So, a man named Doctor Daniel Salmon created this machine, added a life chip to it, and began to use it to make furniture, clothes, prepare food, and more things to give to people. This amazed the entire world. Every factory worker was replaced with these machines. Mechanics were replaced too. Soon, people no longer worked. The machines even made themselves. This revolutionized the entire world, making everything on earth nearly free. People now traded for things instead of money. Now, here we are. A world that is unkillable.

I awoke on my bed, my alarm going off. It was a Monday and I was going to be late for school. People were walking down the street to the large high school, where over a thousands students go there. At first, the world was thinking students would no longer want to go to school, but, when school became a socialization and a learning experience, attendance rate skyrocketed. I walked into my classroom as the loud bell rang. Students sat in their normal groups talking with their teacher and friends. My group was me, my girlfriend Kelly, my friends Paul and Ekaterina, and my teacher Mrs. Renaudas. We talked about our essays and corrected each others work. The teacher then graded our work while asking about our weekends. We each took turns talking. I had just sat at home, Paul had gone to a sword fighting tournament, Ekaterina had gone to New Pensilvania's Museum of Science, and Kelly said that she did, "Nothing at all." She took a quick sip of water then explained how she just sat at home.