Chapter 1

Jessica Simon's Point of View

A week later, I was last-minute packing for New York. I was so excited to see the orchestra! I haven't been to New York in two years! My father used to take me once a year to see The Philharmonic.

My father. My father. I miss him so much. It's been that long since I have last seen him. His 'accident' will haunt me forever. Stupid building. Stupid people. Stupid life. It all took my father away.

"Jessica, we need to be at the airport in thirty minutes! It is going to take that long to get there. Hurry up!" My mom yelled at me from the other room.

"I'm ready!" I shouted back as I zipped my suitcase up.

I rolled my suitcase down the hall and was in the car in no time. My mom was just driving me to the airport. She trusted me enough to go all by myself. Which, if you think about it, isn't such a big deal. I mean, I'm EIGHTEEN. I can legally go by myself and no one else would want to go to that anyway.

After we got to the airport, the plane was already there so I kissed my mom on the cheek goodbye and waited in line for security.

When I was finally on the plane and settled, I got out my songbook and pencil while the plane took off. I figured that this trip would be a good time to write.

The people around me were all reading books or listening to music with their headphones in. This provided the peace and quiet I needed. But I was still lacking an inspiration.

I decided to try to write, though. Something --- anything. So I started to write about looking for love. Maybe that's what I needed. Love.

////////////////////////////////////

I'm on the lookout

I am searching

For the one who

Makes me feel

The way he makes me feel

No one understands

Who I want, who I need

No one gets

How I feel, the way I feel

////////////////////////////////////

That is about as far as I got before my writer's block kicked back in. I wasn't even sure how I felt about what I had written already. I mean, it was okay, but it wasn't my best work. I needed a real inspiration. I needed to find my Muse.

I took a nap for most of the trip. About what was I dreaming of? The amazing trip ahead of me of course!

"We will be landing in just a few minutes." The friendly voice on the intercom said, pulling me out of my slumber.

I woke up to that voice thinking: This is it. Just a few more minutes until the beginning of my amazing trip!

I couldn't have been more excited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay Jackson's Point of View

This is one complex love story. I will have to start with when I was at the airport in New York.

The plane had just landed and even though it wasn't a long trip, I couldn't wait to get back on the ground. I did NOT like to fly on planes. I may travel often, but I usually prefer to travel by bus. This, unfortunately, had nothing to do with a tour and my best bud, Brianna Skyland, suggested that it was time for me to face my fear.

She packed me everything I need and lots of things to occupy me and distract me. She thought of everything possible to keep me comfortable during my trip.