IMPORTANCE OF WORDS IN LIFE

Dr. Har Prashad

Human life revolves around words; words are medium of communication; these are mode of expressions. Words are either pleasing or these can displease others. Words create relations; words are capable to ruin relationships, which have been nurtured by years of efforts. Words cause to generate conflicts; these can also strengthen the relationship. Words can pierce hearts of others. Words coming out from the depth of the heart touch the inner core of hearts of others. Words have strength; words have very fine vibrations; these can have smoothening effect on disturbed minds of others. Proper words can influence others and one can make life long good friends by pleasing words. Some times words are the source of enmity. If someone is hurt by words then it becomes difficult to restore relationship with him; only time can assist to restore relations with efforts. After getting hurt then patch up is only superficial; one cannot forget the spoken harsh words; words remain in subconscious mind.

Deep unhealthy craters created by harsh words on the heart are not easily smoothened and healed by pleasing words. Only discontinuity in time is the best healer. If one is physically hurt or injured then he can be cured by medical treatment and care.  Once some body is hurt mentally by words, all efforts to make him happy become ineffective. In facts words are very powerful weapon; no weapon is as dangerous as spoken words. Impacts of harsh words create enmity in families; words can ignite anger among family members to such an extent that they even kill each other; they continue to have enmity for generations without discontinuity. So words have both sides; words act as tonic on one side to establish cordiality, and act as poison on other hand too. 

In India, the core cause of famous war of Mahabharata between Kauravas and Pandavas was because of the harsh words spoken by wife of Pandavas, Draupadi, to the prince Dhuryodhana of Kauravas. As per the epic, the father of prince, Dhuryodhana was king Dhirtarashtra; he was blind by birth. The wife of Pandavas, Draupadi once hurt the prince by saying that son of blind king is blind who was not able to see pond of water by mistake and he fell into the pond unknowingly. Even these bitter words of basic truth hurt the heart of prince to such a major extent that with lapse of time at the proper opportunity, he tried to disgrace Draupadi by undressing her before the king and all his men in assembly; and this had finally resulted in war, which had devastated the kingdom and was the cause of complete ruin of magnificent empire and death of thousands.

 Undoubtedly, words have immense impact in life; it is the major cause of undue fight among family members in India and world wide. Basically word is life and it is medium of communication and exchange of thoughts. One has to be very careful in choosing proper words in expressing thoughts. One must have presence of mind while speaking, particularly when some one is very happy and joyful mood. Generally in such joyous state of mind, unpalatable words are spoken without intentions. However, words express truth but no body can tolerate real truth; this becomes the root cause of conflicts and resulting in undue friction in relationships. Even the close friend may turn to have enmity by the impact of harsh words, and it is continued in realm of existence in life without discontinuity.

There is another very important aspect and significant dimension of words exist, which most of us are unaware of. In fact all mantras and divine sayings are divine words. These divine words create immense effect on our mind, intellect and on our nervous system. These divine words i.e. mantras have subtle vibrations; chanting of mantras creates divine virtues and divine qualities of love, forgiveness, patience and transforms our personality. It can transform dacoit to saint by the impact of mantra recitation. As per Indian mythology dacoit Valmiki transformed himself to highest order of saint by recitation of divine words i.e. mantras. He had finally written great epics of the world, the Valmiki Ramayana. Kalidasa, the greatest fool, who used to cut branch of the tree where he used to sit, has transformed himself; he became world famous writer by the impact of recitation of mantras, the words; he wrote famous book Shakuntala.

 As words really have miraculous effect on human personality. Mantras, the divine words have immense effect on human system. Force of subtle frequency of mantra chanting affects nervous system, human heart and even able to dissolve the accumulations in arteries. This is the mystery of divine words; impact of words is beyond expressions. Similarly songs are the proper selection and accumulation of words, which have long lasting effect on human mind; we all enjoy songs; we nourish ourselves to listening them again and again. This is nothing but deep effect of suitably selected words with proper meaning that miraculously effect out heart, mind and soul.

Furthermore words acts as bridge to transcendence of time and space. Divine name acts as path to build a way by its vibrations in our system so that life force can travel and reach to apex centre of our head. Thus, one can merge in universal consciousness and cosmic consciousness by the impact of divine words, mantras, coupled with breathe pattern. These are helpful, and without their assistance, mind cannot be annihilated; one cannot be in conscious-less state with discontinuities. Divine words are means of mergence of mind in consciousness; and mergence of consciousness in soul and later soul with Supernal. Divine words take us to highest level of silence with discontinuities and then words disappear; we enjoy then the divine consciousness.

 In facts divine words are the carrier to take us to, and beyond cosmic consciousness from human consciousness to universal consciousness; and then we realize our self as part of universal existence i.e. divine consciousness, which is beyond words and expression. Words automatically disappear in discontinuities in the state of mergence with Supernal and silence prevails. This is the miracle and impact of words; it is sacrifice and discontinuity of words; words being great subtle force need to be worshipped; their appearance, discontinuity and mergence are mystery of mystery.

Furthermore, as per Indian mythology divine word, AUM, initially appeared in void, and from its mysterious divine vibrations universe was originated in span of timeless time, and creation appeared on our planet. The source, the origin, is word. It is subtle force; it works in us; it is divine sacred force in the core of our existence. Being with this force in the realm of our existence in continuity of life, we can experience divine power by the mercy of divine word of Almighty. Being with this power of divine word and by taking this divine word force back to origin through transcendence of time and space, we can be in nothingness; in void; then divine word disappears; and as it disappears in discontinuities, our soul is merged in Supernal; in the source of our origin.

Thus, continuity of our life is from divine word and its discontinuity is in divine word. There is nothing beyond word; it is the mystery of deep mystery of life, realization and enlightenment.