Chapter 33

"Gwenny?" I heard a voice call.

"Gwendy?" Another voice called.

I blinked my eyes a few times to see two red heads running towards me. Their white wings were folded behind them as they both wrapped their arms around my waist.

"Hunter? Dylan? What are you doing here?"

"We sneaked away! We just heard the archangels talking!" Dylan exclaimed.

"They said a war's coming!" Hunter added.

"Gwenny, they wanted you to know that you don't have to kill all the bad guys!"

That shocked me. Not killing the bad guys? Are they serious? The bad guys killed them, those wash bags are going down!

"How will I keep them from hurting me, then?"

"They said that your blood, on a sword, can defang them, and if they con-con-con" Dylan thought about the word before Hunter took over.

"Consume. If they consume your blood after being defanged, it'll drain them of their super human abilities, but they'd still need blood to survive."

"Are you sure?" This was too good to be true! I didn't have to kill anyone! I am so close to breaking into a touchdown dance.

"Yes! And Gwendy, the archangels said something horrible!" Dylan exclaimed.

"What'd they say?" I asked, too happy to really care.

"They said,'After the war, Gwen won't exist anymore!'" Hunter cried as he hugged me tighter. That's when I fell from my happy moment.

"What?"

"That's what they said! We don't want you to die, Gwenny!" They both cried as they pressed their heads to my body.

"It's okay, I'll be okay."

"Promise?" Dylan asked.

"I promise. I pinky swear," I said as I crossed my pinkies with both of them.

"We have to go! We love you, Gwenny!" Hunter called.

"Yeah! Love you, Gwendy!" Dylan echoed before they ran off into a ray of light that shown through the all gray room.

After they disappeared, I snapped awake.

'After the war, Gwen won't exist anymore.'

The words the archangels said freaked me out. How can I just die? How can I not come out of this?

I got off the bed and went to tell Harry about the defanging. It would sound crazy, but I had to tell him.

However, no matter what, I can't tell him that I may not make it out of this alive.

"Defanging?"

"Yeah."

"That's great, but you won't be out there. I don't want to risk you."

"Harry! I have to help!"

"No, Gwen, I love you too much."

I had told Harry about the defanging, but I didn't tell him that I may not make it out. If I had to die, I wanted to go out with a fight.

"Harry, I have to. Please!"

"Gwen, they may lose all control once they see you! They'd leap on you without a second thought. I can't risk losing you."

"I can't let you go out there alone. I just... I can't."

Harry's eyes softened as he cupped my cheek. "The purple has spread a lot." He commented. I knew what he meant.