chapter 5

199 reads!!!! Yay.
Dedicating this chapter to zainab-montanna for the amazing cover.

"Oh.... You look lovely dear. "
Suddenly a voice behind me spoke.
I quickly turned around to see who it was.
I found a lady standing at the door with a smile. She was probably in her 50's.
But she was still very pretty. She was wearing a black knee length dress. A kitchen apron over the dress. And her hair was tied to a bun. She was holding a tray which I think, had some food in it.

"And that dress really suits you."

"Oh thank you so much."
I started to blush without a reason. Although, I had a reason. that is I get flattered when someone praises me.

"Oh... I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Mrs. Pomer. The housekeeper. But you can call me Linda if you like. "She finished with another smile.
"Oh It is my pleasure to meet you Linda. And I'm..... "
"I already know who you are my dear. "
She cut me off.
"I know everything about you. You have my condolences. "

"Umm.. thank you Linda. I don't know what to say. I'm still in a delusion about all this. I have no idea about a single thing. "

"Did they not tell you? "
She looked really surprised.
"Tell me what? "
I was surprised as well.
"Nothing. Um.. never mind. "
She smiled again. But I knew it wasn't a genuine smile.

"Please Linda tell me about it. "
I pleaded.
She sighed. Thought about it for a moment. Then she began to speak. But she wasn't playful this time. She was serious.

"Listen Maria you do know that you are in a terrible mess. Your entire family died except you. But that doesn't mean your safe. Your life is still in very danger. So you must stay patient about all these. And don't you worry.You shall be told everything soon enough. After all you have a long journey ahead of you. "

She stopped at last. But I still couldn't figure out what she is saying. Anyway I know it's won't work if I still ask her questions. She won't tell me anything. So it's best if I keep patience.
"Are you hungry dear?
She asked me.
"Oh yes..... Like a wolf. "
Then I realized that it was very much inappropriate for me to say it that way. I immediately apologized.
"Oh it's okay dear. I understand. You haven't ate anything so you definitely must be hungry. Here is some food for you. I'll be in the next room. Call me if need anything. "
Then she left. I looked at the tray. It was filled with many different sorts of foods which I have never seen or tasted. So I started eating. It was so delicious. After eating I washed my hands and face.
Then I called Linda to take it away.
When she was carrying it away she told me to have some rest. Because in the evening someone is going to meet me.
I wonder who?
But I kept that thought aside and decided to have some rest.
When I went back to bed I closed my eyes and sleep came over me.

************************

"Wake up dear, you've been sleeping for too long"
I heard someone's sweet voice and felt gentle taps on my back and shoulder.
I woke up with a yawn.everything seemed hazy for a while. So I rubbed my eyes. And saw that it was only behind me.
But I was so sleepy. So I went to sleep again.
"Oh Maria please wake up. It's almost evening. I did tell that someone wants to meet you,did I not? So get up from bed."
I was hearing her clearly but I still kept my eyes shut tightly.
"Ahhh....I'm tired of this Maria. Looks like I have to try something different."
She sounded a bit impatient.
But then suddenly it was all quiet again.
I didn't felt her hands shaking my shoulder. I thought she gave up.so I peacefully went back to sleep again.
But she didn't give up.
Do you know what she did?

She dropped a whole mug of cold water on me.
All over me!!!!
I was entirely wet.
"Ah..Linda look what you did.I feel so cold now."
I yelled at her.she gave a proud smile as she succeeded in waking me up.
"I'm sorry Maria.but I had to do that to get you out of bed. Now come on hurry up.wash yourself and wear something nice. You don't want make David wait for you."
I narrowed my eyes at her.
"Who is David ?"
"Why my dear the person who I was telling you about."
"Yes I get it but why do I have to meet him?"
She looked really surprised. No not surprised, shocked. As if she has seen a large cockroach.

"Because he wants to meet you. And....maybe he may tell you more about it."

"About what?"
"Well whatever has been happening with you. I mean he can he is the only one who can answer all your questions."
After hearing that I quickly washed my faced ,changed my clothes and made myself presentable.
I need to know everything. Every single thing that I have suffered through and for that I'm ready to do everything.

"Now that you are ready let's go meet him...shall we?"
She opened the door and gestured me to go first.I simply nodded and stepped out of my room for the first time since I've been here.
Once I was out of that room.I found myself in a big long corridor. I stopped not sure about whether I should follow it or not.I looked back at Linda.she only smiled and nodded.assuring me that everything is fine.
As I walked over the corridor I saw a room which was filled with lights so bright that I could feel its brightness at the other side of the corridor.
"See that room over there dear?.....go straight into that room.David is waiting for you there."
"Wait...aren't you coming?"
"No dear.my job is done.now you have to go there and meet him.don't worry.David is a nice man.
Well......sometimes he can be rude.but don't you worry about that.Now go."
Saying this she went back to somewhere I don't know.
I was really nervous when she left me there. But I still went there.before entering the room I took a few deep breaths to calm my nerves down.then I stepped in.
After walking through that door the first thing that caught my eyes is a big brown table and a man leaning into it facing his back at me.
He didn't even look at me. Oh maybe he didn't heard me coming. So I coughed to grab his attention.
Hearing me, he turned around. He narrowed his eyes at me for a while. Then he gave me a slight smile before saying
"Ah princess. It feels so nice to meet you at last."

I smiled to.but it was more like a forced smile.then I curtsied at him. But he just gave me a smirk and nodded.
What? He is supposed to bow before me.looks like he doesn't follow the rule of showing respect to a princess.
Anyway I stood still. Not knowing what to do.
Seeing this he quickly gestured the big sofa for me to seat. Only gestured. Not requested.
Looks like he is a proud man. Anyway I sat there. It was very bouncy and comfortable.
When I sat there I finally take a good look at him.
He was a very handsome man.like honestly really handsome.but I was having a feeling that I have seen him somewhere.
But Its not important now. The important thing was to get my answers from him.
"You look all fine to me princess. It is quite strange."
"And why is that?"it was the first thing I spoke.
"Well Mrs. Pomer told me that you remember everything. And still there is no sign of heavy crying in your face or eyes. Don't you miss your family princess?"
"It's Maria.but I think you already knew that.and yes I miss my family. But right now I'm not in the condition of crying my whole heart out for them. As you know I do have a lot of questions which I need answers for."
"Yes of course you do. And you will be told everything. But all in good times. Right now all you need to know is that you are safe with us. No one can harm you here. So feel free to roam around the entire house. But don't go outside the house."
"But Victor told me to stay inside."
"Maybe he did that because he didn't want you to get into any trouble.anyway dinner time is soon so I expect you to be there in time.good bye for now Maria."
I bid him goodbye and went back into my room.

################################

Another chapter.plz enjoy .
Vote comment and share if you like it.
And can you plz recommend me a hot actor for the role of David?
I will be really happy if you do that.
Thank you.
.........