Chapter 6 : Monster Manik & PA Nandhu

After 3 days of prolonged reunion with Fab 5- Manik's official first day on his job has arrived, Manik wakes up slowly and remembers something - a girl , someone he should miss but who? Its morning of a new day but why does he feel what he wants most is within his reach but he can't see it. Who is he missing? He's met all of Fab 5 then who?

Nandhu in her full PA getup walks in and says "Good Morning Sir, aabka nashta meh serve karti-hu? "

Manik doesn't look - in fact feels a sudden distaste towards his so called new PA. "Tum mere servant heh kiya, you focus on your job. My breakfast is not your concern.". Nandhu was ready for this and much more - she has been building a strong resilience against him the whole weekend. Now don't get me wrong - Fab 3 have been updating her constantly on his progress as they were with him over the weekend so she knows each and every mood swing he has been having and was more then ready to handle it all.

"Aap first nashta karlo , then I will give you a breakdown of your schedule for the week. We can take it from there." Nandhu was secretly hoping that he will try her pasta , she has made it just the way he likes it. Nandhu's workstation is set away from his view but still close to his bed and from her angle she can ogle him all she wants and he wont even know it , she smiled now thinking how gorgeous he looked with his early morning stubble. She remembers how he used to enjoy irritating her with those , the once or twice they had woken up together.. The nurse had come in to brush his teeth and help him onto the wheelchair then the gents and to give him his morning bath, she liked the nurse - a very elderly looking lady whom Manik fondly referred to as Nurse-ma. At least not some young chick who can ogle over him or vice-versa. All ogling rights reserved for Nandhini Murthy only.

After his freshen up - Manik was looking all the more cheerful. Dr Shwetha then walked in , jovially talking to Manik , like she has known him forever. For some reason - she did not like this lady , or perhaps she was just jealous. Dr Shweta said to Manik, "I see you saw your additional breakfast - your favorite pasta - would you like me to feed it to you" Manik looked at Shwetha and in his mind he thought "Is she the one , is she whom I am missing" . Manik looked at her intensely and answered "Sure". With that Dr Shwetha started feeding him , moving ever so close to him and all this was not what something Nandhu could bear to watch. She excused herself and left the room.

Inside the room , Manik was shocked with the taste of the pasta, it brought back memories of someone else feeding him just the exact same dish but whom? And suddenly it hit him , and he looked at Shwetha "It's you isn't it , the one I miss so much. You made this right". Shwetha though taken a bit aback , was surprised that all it took was one pasta made for him by Nandhini to bring him over to her side like she and Ustad Mukesh had planned. "Yes my darling , of course. I'm so glad you remember now" . Nandhu just then walks in , and Manik tells her "You give me a headache Ms Anne, can you give us some privacy , I am with my girlfriend - can't you see."

Nandhini though shattered hearing this , closed the door. Outside Aryaman heard it all and came and hugged Nandhini , he held her and slowly led her to the chairs , "Do you really want to go through all this , Nandhini?". Nandhini said softly staring at her Manan bracelet,"He will remember one day and ask me why I'd given up on him otherwise and I will not allow that. We are stronger than that - our bond is so deep Aryaman, nothing can separate us - not time or not even god himself".

Nandhini made a routine of her next few days - early in the morning update Manik and follow throught their planned schedule, evening learn more about the business from Gupta sir so she can run through the same with Parth the next day. After a week , the plasters from Maniks legs were removed and that was a day of celebration for her and she made him his special favorite fruit cake. And Shwetha of course took all the credit , but there were small things that made her happy. Like when they were both so tired after the days work - that he slept off and she too and by the time she woke up , it was dark and Manik allowed her to sleep on in the couch and even prepared to get her midnight snacks. Most heart-warming of all to Nandhu, was Manik's statement "I somehow don't fear the dark with you , Ms Anne - I wonder why".

Unknown to Nandhu, bits and pieces of Manik's memory was returning and he knew that he was content but why does he always look forward to Anne visiting rather than Dr Shwetha. All said and done , he would never fall for a commoner like Anne - its just not done , he does have class.

After Manik's plasters were removed , Manik had to hang around only for a few more days for Physiotherapy before heading back to Mumbai for good. He was finally able to move around using his crutches. That night he went in search of some stars outside . Dr Shwetha came for a surprise visit and brought him some pasta but Manik refused to take another bite saying that this was not home made and it tastes so fake compared to the normal morning Pasta she always brings him , he then asks her to go home and come back in the morning instead with the right pasta. Moving to the garden , he finally sat down and watched the stars and something played in his mind .. an image of a small sized girl promising him that she will always shine for him. Who is she ,definitely can't be the tall lanky Dr Shwetha and where is she? From far he heard a crackers blast and his memories started rushing back , the last thing he remembers while in his car , was Neonika's call informing him that his Nandhu was no more that she had died in a car blast. And after that the car brakes failed and he hit the tree and he ran out to his dad's entourage. His Nandhu, has she really gone - No....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His head started aching, but his heart was saying something else , no she can't be gone - who has been leaving notes for him and making him pasta just the way she always did and why does he feel so close to her everyday , like she is there just next to him. He has to fight this - and find out more about , its what she would have wanted of him and its his only way of getting back to her.

The next morning Nandhu was waiting for Manik to return from his morning physio session .

M: Good morning Ms PA - how are you?(he chided Nanthu to respond)
N : HHHHhh, I am good sir - and hope you're doing good too.
M : Fine - as you can see.

Nandhu was so glad that Manik was recovering that she made him all his favorite dishes.

M : Ms PA - I suppose Dr Shwetha made all this but will come in to see me only much later..

N: Of course sir... (Thinking to herself that sounds like sarcastic Manik to me)

M: Can you bring me my laptop please..

N: Here you go .. And your hard disk is beside you

M: Can you connect the cable please

Nandhu thought to herself she has to reach over Manik to the other side of the table.. Well she was happy ..at least that way she could get close to him ..A need so heavy on her heart , she cried every night after spending a whole day with Manik but not being able to touch him or kiss him like she yearned to.

She steeled herself , and reached over Manik .. not knowing that this was part of his plan. He will know her scent anywhere .. And this was the ultimate test.. As soon as she leaned over he knew.. Its her.. His Nandhu.

He put his hands over her and promptly removed her glasses and looked into her eyes ... "Nandhini .. It's really you ... I thought I lost you.. humesha-keliye.... I .. I .." Then he started throttling all over holding his head .... "My head .. Its starting to ache again .. "

"Manik..... ", that was the last Manik heard before he fainted.