I'm Sorry

"What have I... done?" He asked himself shocked over what he had just caused. He didn't mean to upset him. But he did. He searched around the house for him, occasionally calling his name out. To only be met with silence. He felt horrible. Horrible that had caused the one person he knew who never got upset. Horrible he upset the closest person on his life.
He continued his search. Making sure he checked every possible room in the maze like house.

He found himself outside of the study, Hesitating over whether he should go in or not before finally coming to a decision. As he took grip of the door handle and turned it, ever so slowly opening it. The light from the hallway peered into the room making it lit enough to see inside.
He stepped into the room through the gap of the door and silently closed the door not fully but just enough that he could see his surroundings. There were several rows of bookshelves filled with books, and at the very back of the study there was an oak desk with 2 bookselves either side of it, a candle burned ever so faintly as if it were about to go out any second.
"Vlad?" He asked walking further into the room. He stood there, deciding to go look in another room. turning around to leave he stopped when he heard a faint whimper and what sounded like crying. He spun back round and followed the noise which led to the back. The crying got louder as he reached the back. He looked around trying to find to find the source of it. He couldn't fine anyone until out of the corner of his eye he sae the outline of a figure huddled up in the corner hugging their knees to their chest and head down.

He causiously slowly made his way over to the figure and crouched down
"Vlad?" He asked faintly putting his hand on the figure's shoulder. Vlad looked up slowly his eyes all red and puffy from the tears. Vlad saw Aleks and shuffled away from him.
"Stay away from me" Vlad ever so faintly choked out. Aleks flinched away in shock. Vlad was now scared of him.
"Vlad I didn't mean to shout at you..." Aleks said shuffling closer to Vlad wrapping his arms around him.
Vlad sniffled and looked up at Aleks
"I've just been stressed out recently" Aleks started to rub Vlad's back comfortingly.
"I'm sorry... I wasn't thinking when it happened.." Aleks trailed off looking down at the ground
"please believe me..."
"I do believe you..." Vlad whispered tears still pouring down his face.
Aleks kissed away the tears reassuring him that everything was fine.
"Aleks?" Vlad asked
"Yeah?"
"Can you sing me a song?"
"Sure" Aleks said as he started the song

Седнала Калинка
Под дърво в градинка.
Румена девойка
Чудна песнопойка
Люлка залюляла
Песничка запяла.

Нани, нани, брате,
Сънчо пак те кани
Сънчо ще ти прати
Дарове богати -

Джуджета брадата
С кончета крилати,
В пъстра колесница,
Със златна юздица.

Aleks finished and looked down to see that Vlad was fast asleep.
Aleks pressed a kiss gently to Vlad's temple and lifted him up bridal style into his arms, carrying him out of the study. He walked up the corridor and placed him on the soft mattress. The room was quite dark besides the single lamp on the bedside table illuminating the room. Aleks climbed into bed besides Vlad and pulled the blankets over their bodies.
"Обичам те" Aleks whispered as he drifted asleep.

-------------------------------
transitions:
Седнала Калинка Lullaby (Kaleena id Rocking a Cradle Lullaby) is a Bulgarian lullaby
English lyrics:

In a garden, in a shade,
Kalina* is rocking a cradle.
A beautiful maiden
A singer from heaven.

The cradle is swinging
Kalina is singing.
Na-ney**, na-ney, brother
Sleep, my little brother.

Slumber is calling you,
Can't you hear?
Slumber will give you
Presents, my dear.

Three dwarves are driving
A beautiful cart,
Horses with white wings
Are coming, my heart!

Notes

*Kalina is a Bulgarian woman's name. It can be rhymed with "inner".
**Na-ney, na-ney is pronounced as in "money, money" and is sung in lullabies.