Chapter 1: YOU ESCAPED THE UTERUS!

I woke up with a txt message from Brennyn.
Bren: HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU ESCAPED THE UTERUS!
Bren: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I smiled and got out of bed. Brennyn was different. She was funny and smart. Most red heads are. My phone started blowing up with texts. I put it on silent and picked out my outfit. September 9, 1999 I was born 7 pounds 4 oz. that's me, Maeve Marie Marco. I live in the small city of Flower Mound Texas, just outside of Dallas. Texas isn't all country as you may think. Lots of people stereotype us as western Cowboys. But in the end, were just normal people. I go to Harshal high. Yes, kinda like Hershel. I let my hair out of a messy bun and shake my head. It was a rats nest. I quickly brushed it out and curled it. I pin a piece of hair to the side and walk downstairs.
"Maeve!" My little brother Milo says. I smile and rub his head, he's 3. I have a older sister Mari. Yeah my mom likes M names. And her name is Marisa. Sometimes learning our names gives you a headache! My dad kisses my forehead.
"Happy birthday M." He says. I smile. I was lucky. I got the M nickname, not mar or mi. Simple and easy.
"I got you something." He says. I eat a bite of yogurt.
"What?" He holds up WSC tickets.
"Oh my goshhhh!!!! Dad!" I stand up and take them out of his hands.
"Your sister, me, you, and Brennyn are going." He says.
"Are you serious?!" I ask. He smiles.
"Of course."
"Thank you so much!"
"Anything for you." He says. Mari walks downstairs.
"Ready?" She asks. I nod.
"Bye, have a good day." Dad says. Mom walks out in her robe.
"Happy birthday have a good day ok?"
"Ok." I say. I put the tickets in my backpack.
"Don't lose those." Dad says.
"They are the reason I'm alive right now. I'm not going to lose them." He laughs and Mari and I walk to the car. She's a senior and I'm a sophomore.
"Happy birthday." She pulls me in a hug.
"Thank you." I say.
"What did dad get you?"
"You know don't you?"
"Yeah." She smiled big.
"I'm going to meet him, Mari!"
"I know and I'm going to meet him." She says. I laugh. She was talking about Tyler. She's obsessed with him as much as I'm obsessed with chandler.

Mari pulls into the school parking lot. I get a txt from my friend Naomi.
Naomi: where are you?
Me: that's the first text I get from you on September 9th?
Naomi: yes get here!
She forgot. Yeah. Whatever, I walk I into the aquatic center. I sit on the bleachers for Brennyn. She's a swimmer, not just any swimmer though, she's incredible. It's unhuman, she's the female Michael phelps! No joke. She gets out of the pool and wraps a towel around herself. I walk over.
"You escaped the uterus 16 years ago, Mae!" She says. I laugh.
"Never heard it that way. Happy birthday Mae." Our friend Woodrow says.
"Thanks." He walks into the locker room. I follow Brennyn in the girls.
"So ummm, my dad gave me my present."
"Cool what is it?"
"Oh you know, just walker stalker con tickets!" I hold them up.
"ARE YOU POOPING ME?!" She asks. I laugh.
"No, we are going to meet my future husband!" I say.
"Mae you really think you can marry him?"
"I have a better chance with him then Bryce." Bryce was a boy in my biology class who I like, I don't think he's noticed me yet... And I sit across from him.
"Yeah sure."
"Hey I picked up his pencil yesterday."
"I hear wedding bells." Brennyn jokes. I hit her arm.
"Ok he technically picked it up before I did, but it still counts."
"Get a life Maeve." She says. I click my tongue.
"Shut up."

  I walk across the parking lot to the school with Brennyn. We walk in and stand next to our friend Neil. Naomi walks over.
"Where have you been?!"
"I made you wait a little longer."
"Why?" She asks.
"You forgot a very important detail today." Neil says.
"What? what, detail?"
"Honey! come on!" I say.
"September 9th!" Neil says.
"Help me out I've known her only a few weeks!!" Naomi says. I laugh. I point the the flipping badge on my shirt that says happy birthday.
"Oh... Hehe, happy birthday, Maeve!" I laugh and she hugs me.
"It's been 6 weeks." I say.
"Yeah..." We went to class. Let's just skip to biology....

  I sat down. Bryce is late because he has ROTC at another school so I sit patiently waiting. I do my warm up and Bryce walks in. His face is red, like really red and he is sniffling.
"You ok?" Mrs. Sawyer asks.
"Yeah, allergies."
"You look like your girlfriend broke up with you." She says. She thinks she's funny but not that much. He slightly laughs.
"No." He says.
"No girlfriend?" She asks. He shakes his head. Poor Bryce, that probably was embarrassing in front of the class. Well honey, I'm single too! Wink wink. Good thing I didn't say that. He sits down. K, let me get this point across: I hate biology and I hate Mrs sawyer. I have many reasons, I can name 50, but I don't want to waste your time, anyway, Bryce makes it all worth it. He may be Naomi's middle school ex but I like him. So yeah, get over it Naomi! After our vocabulary quiz Mrs sawyer walks over to pass out Bryces paper.
"You used A twice goober!" She says. Like I said, she's not funny.
"Dang." He says. I sat over at my desk patiently waiting for the one day he talks to me. Mrs sawyer gave me my paper. I got a 100.
"You should show your boyfriend how to do his vocab." She says. My mouth dropped open and the class laughed. And that doesn't even make sense considering he said he didn't have a girlfriend.
"Mrs sawyer!" Bryce says.
"Oh...." She says. I cover my face. I can not believe that just happened. I fold up my paper and put it in my backpack. A girl next to me put a hand on my back.
"If it makes you feel better you would be really cute together." She says. Bryce didn't make eye contact with me the whole class. After the bell rang I ran out. I moved I between people.
"Maeve." Someone grabbed my shoulder. I turned around. My eyes were watering. It was Bryce. He took my hand and we walked over by the elevator where is wasn't swarming with high school students.
"I'm so sorry." He says.
"Don't worry about it." I tried to leave but he pulled my hand closer.
"No it wasn't ok."
"Bryce just drop it."
"Am I that bad?"
"No not at all!"
"Then why are you acting this way?"
"Because I do like you." He pulled me in a hug. Awkward.
"I kinda like you too." He says. I signed. Did he really just say that?"
"Maeve!" Mari says.
"I got to go." I say. I walk with her downstairs.
"Who was that?" She asks.
"He was saying happy birthday." I lie.
"That's sweet." She says.