Saoirse

The blonde stood on the platform, the scarlet train whistling behind her as her parents said their goodbye.

"I'm almost certain that you'll be in Slytherin," her father expressed with pride.

"Be good Saoirse, I know you'll do great this year," her mother said smiling. Planting a kiss on her head, she turned to her brother. "Draco, watch over your sister, okay?"

He smirked. "You know I will." He then grabbed their trunks and stalked onto the train.

Saoirse sighed, and after giving her parents a last goodbye, followed Draco.

She trailed behind him until the end of the train where he led them into an empty compartment.

She started coughing silently as she took a seat next to him and looked up, seeing her trunk along with her medical bag. Needing someone's help (curse her shortness), she inched closer to her brother and tugged on his sleeve.

He ignored her and continued to look out the window. She huffed and crawled along the seat to sit next to him.

"Saoirse, stop breathing so loudly," Draco ordered, turning away from his sister as far as he could.

Saoirse frowned, giving up and scooting over to the far side of the seat again. She couldn't help that she had asthma problems, and she wished that he would pay attention.

He rolled his eyes and stared out the window of the compartment.

A few moments later, the siblings' heads shot up as they heard the door slide open.

"Draco!" a boy greeted, strutting in and taking a seat beside Saoirse.

The other boy and girl with him strode into the room and took a seat across from them.

"Theo," Draco acknowledged. "Blaise, Pansy."

"How was your summer, Draky?" Pansy asked flirtatiously.

"Pansy, not right now."

"Who's this pipsqueak?" Theo asked beside her, grinning.

"Oh, that's Saoirse. Don't pay attention to her, she's going into her first year."

Saoirse inhaled sharply, standing up and walking out the compartment.

"What's wrong with her?" she heard Blaise ask as she walked away.

"Don't know. She hasn't spoken a word in her life. My parents say she's mute, but I just think she's too dumb to speak English."

* * *

Saoirse started coughing again as she walked down the hall, bumping into someone as they left their compartment.

"Oops, sorry. Are you alright?" a voice asked worriedly.

"Well, Gred, looks like you need to get glasses. That's the third person you've bumped into today!" Saoirse looked up from the floor to see two identical red heads grinning down at her

"Forge, remind me to slip a potion into your drink at dinner later," the other person said as they both lifted her up off the floor.

She waved, smiling shyly. The red head that she bumped into (at least the one she thought she had) suddenly faked a gasp. "Where are my manners? I'm Fred, this is George. At your service!"

Saoirse grinned. She took out her wand and started writing. A light green ribbon appeared and started weaving words into the air.

Hi, my name's Saoirse. Thanks for helping me up.

"Not a problem, my fair lady," Fred bowed ludicrously, causing her to laugh silently.

"If you don't mind me asking," George started.

"where'd you learn -- " Fred continued.

"-- to use wand writing?" George finished.

My parents taught me when I was little. I can't talk, so this is how I communicate, Saoirse explained.

"Ah," the twins remarked in unison. She started coughing again, her shoulders shaking violently.

"Hey, hey, are you alright?" George asked this time, crouching by her.

She shuddered as she wrote, I'm fine, it's just my asthma. I was going to take my meds but my brother wouldn't help me get to them.

Or wasn't paying attention, she thought as she frowned.

"That's horrible, Saoirse. Who's your brother?" Fred asked.

Draco Malfoy, she wrote bitterly. Most of the time he acts like I don't exist. He seems to take after Father, while I take after Mother.

"Always being a prat," Fred muttered under his breath.

"We could help you get them if you'd like," George said uncertainly.

Saoirse lit up. Thank you so much! she wrote excitedly. Could I come back to your compartment afterwards?

They smiled. "Of course you can! You're welcome to stick with us, right George?" Fred asked, nudging his brother.

"Of course, Fred," George replied. "Saoirse, are you a prankster?"

She shrugged. I've never tried pranking.

The twins smirked, plans already swimming in their head. "Well, we'll see if you're the pranking type soon enough."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyya! So this is a short story about Draco's sister. I just love the name Saoirse (pronounced SEER-sha) and this idea popped into my mind out of the blue. I jotted it down as fast as I could (cause I LOVED the idea of this) and this is what I came up with.

This is meant to be a short story, but if you Lovelies want me to continue this please let me know in the comments. But be aware that I won't be able to work on this for a while if that's what you want. I am working on a Thranduil fanfiction (which I am SO excited for) and I also have my Hogwarts story...

I'm rambling. Please enjoy this little short story, and remember to V o t e and C o m m e n t !