Pain - Chapter 2

Misaki checked his PDA, the time clearly stated 3:40AM.

"Tch. What kind of person would come knocking on someone's door at this time!?" Misaki raised his tone slightly as he stumbled towards the door.

When he opened the door he was met with a harsh breeze. He hissed when the cool air made contact with his skin.

Misaki looked up to see who his visitor was and when he saw who was standing before him, his eyes widened.

Standing before him was none other than the very friend he had just been thinking about. But, something didn't seem right.

Upon closer inspection Misaki noticed that Saruhiko was covered in nasty-looking wounds and he was trembling, as if it was hard for him to stand.

"Saruh-"

Before Misaki could say anything, Saruhiko collasped and started to fall forwards.

Luckily, Misaki reacted swiftly enough to catch him before he hit the ground.

Misaki had a lot of questions but he knew that now was not the time to ask. The most important thing as of now was to attend to Saruhiko's wounds.

Misaki hastily carried Saruhiko towards the couch and slammed the front door shut with a single kick.

Saruhiko was completely drenched from the rain but that was the least of Misaki's concerns.

Misaki gently lay Saruhiko down onto the couch and stood there for a moment, trying to comprehend what was going on.

"Saruhiko..." Misaki said softly, feeling sympathy for the other boy.

Misaki then snapped out of his daze when he realized that Saruhiko still had wounds that badly needed tending to.

Misaki rushed over towards to kitchen area, searching for a first-aid kit he could possibly use to aid Saruhiko.

He opened one of the cabinet draws and found a small white box hidden behind a few bits and bobs. He pulled it out, hoping that it would be a first aid kit.

Luckily, it was indeed and it had never been used either. Considering that whenever Misaki got injured he would usually get his wounds tended to at HOMRA.

He carried the kit over to where Saruhiko lay. Misaki stared in horror as he saw the blood soaking through Saruhiko's uniform.

Misaki clenched his jaw. "Who the hell did this to you!?" He growled.

Even if he was a traitor, Saruhiko was his precious friend and to even imagine someone doing this to him was infuriating.

Misaki took in a deep breath to try calm himself down.

"I better tend to those wounds..." Misaki cooed as he leaned down closer to the unconscious boy.

Saruhiko was breathing heavily.

Misaki began to unbutton Saruhiko's uniform so he could easily tend to his wounds.

He tossed the top half of the uniform aside so he could get a clear view of the wounds.

Misaki flinced when he saw the crimson wounds stained Saruhiko's pale skin.

Misaki started off by cleaning the wound with a wet towel.

Then he began dabbing the wounds with a cottonball dipped in alcohol.

Misaki was almost relived that Saruhiko was unconscious so he wouldn't have to endure the sting of the alcohol.

Once Misaki was satisfied with the top he had done, he wrapped the wounds up with bandages and covered the smaller wounds with simple bandaids.

After tossing the bloodied uniform in the laundry, Misaki placed on of his blankets over Saruhiko, took his glasses off and sat down on the couch's armrest.

"Saruhiko..." He said to himself softly. It pained him to see Saruhiko in such a state.

Luckily, Saruhiko's breathing was calmer now and he seemed less restless which relieved Misaki slightly.

Misaki still had a lot of questions he wanted to ask but knew there was no point in asking Saruhiko, who was sound asleep.

It was strange for Misaki, seeing Saruhiko so vulnerable. A side he hadn't seen in ages.

It saddened him. He truly did miss Saruhiko even if he doesn't want to admit it.

Before he knew it, Msaki found himself staring at Saruhiko's lip, which were partially separated, moving ever so slightly when Saruhiko breathed in.

To Misaki's surprise, his lips seemed to be rather soft-looking. Misaki found himself wondering what they felt like.

"What has gotten' into me?" Misaki chuckled slightly as he smiled at the sleeping Saruhiko.

------------------------------------

Ah! Thank you for reading chapter 2 of Sarcasm!

Sorry it has taken me so long to update! I've been a busy girl lately and I never got around to writing the next chapter! But I promise that I will get chapter 3 out faster in return!

Thank you so much for the support that people have given me so far! It means a lot to a newbie like myself! ♡

Sorry, if this was a short chapter... there is a lot I want to put into this story so I'm making the chapters kind of short so I don't rush into things, I guess.

Anyway, once again thank you for reading chapter 2! It means a lot! If you could give my story some support that would also be greatly appreciated! Thank you! ☆