move in

PROLOGUE

It was on a Monday when I noticed movers moving furniture from a truck to a flat just a few blocks away from my flat. That Monday was an ordinary day.

It was on a Wednesday when I crossed paths with an unfamiliar place around Brenham avenue. Like I imminently did everyday, I was jogging at a steady pace in my Nike trainers and Victoria's Secret sports bra, bottoms, and jacket tied loosely around my waist. I had about twenty workout outfits and this was one of my favorites, and I wore it on a decent day since my so called "new neighbor" and I crossed paths.

I was jogging and turned to the street to my right as I always do to circle my way back to my flat when an unfamiliar face stopped me in my tracks. After feeling a slight numbness on my shoulder, I looked in front of me and was greeted by a rather tall, well-built, guy who I assume was also jogging since he was in his workout attire. "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking," He said and his voice sounded radio-ready.

"No, it's completely fine. Sometimes I get too used to my running track that I forget I have to look out for people that may bump into me. Sorry," I said then let out a slight chuckle.

I looked at him and he seemed to be staring at me. He smiled at me then I said, "I better get going," I nodded then continued my jogging session.

Soon, I'd refer to him as my "jogging buddy" since I saw him almost every morning and when I do, we crossed paths at more or less the same corner. Everyday we'd smile or nod at each other, than continue jogging -as if two intersecting lines bound to meet then move on as soon as they intersected. This went on for days, and soon, months. Months had gone and I'd still see him jogging every morning. Sometimes though, I don't see him and I assume that he's either sick or busy.

I had grown fond of my "jogging buddy". He always flashed me a smile whenever we converged. Our convergence became such a normal thing that sometimes, when I don't see him, I get set off track when I jog. He was part of my jogging routine, and whether I knew it or not, I was always looking for him; waiting for him to cross paths with me and smile at me. And I didn't even know his name.