First Meeting : Ch. 2

Hey guys!

So, how did you like the first chapter?

Well, make sure to tell me.

Vote, comment, and fan please!

Read on! :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jonah-

It was after school, and Owen and I decided we have our first meeting today.

We were meeting in the auditorium, so I entered it after grabbing my backpack from my locker. Owen was already sitting in the front row, writing something down on his clipboard. He looked so cute when he was concentrated. I just wish we could go back to earlier this morning so that we could keep Kevin from interrupting. "Hey." I called out to him as I began to approach him.

He glanced over at me. "Oh. Hi. Ready to get started?" He just said in a nonchalant voice.

I nodded, hesitantly taking the seat next to him. He looked down at his clipboard, his eyes scanning it quickly.

"So, where do you think we should show the artwork?"

"Mmm.... Maybe the cafeteria, hallways, and some classrooms?" I suggested.

"Sure. How about we have the opening speech in here, then let people walk and see the art?"

"That sounds good." I commented. We sat in silence for a minute or two as he wrote down notes on his clipboard. He cleared his throat awkwardly, then looked up at me. "So, are you seeing anyone?" He asked.

I looked at him and shook my head.

"Do you prefer men or woman?" He asked quietly, trying to pretend it was a simple question.

"Mmm.... Well, as you know, I'm bi.... But I guess I prefer men over woman, even though I'm attracted to both." I answered.

He nodded awkwardly, blushing. He looked up at me, then said, "Ah. So your not into anyone?"

"Well... there's this one guy..... I just want somebody to love me, you know?" I said, feeling a little awkward.

"Yeah... I get it." He said, his eyes seemed to cloud over.

But why would he be the least bit sad at my answer?

"You know, I've never be seeing anyone, that way." Owen said, which shocked me.

"Really? No dates even?"

"No.... I guess.... I never had time. My father says woman come after success." He said, but seemed a disappointed about the whole thing.

-Owen-

"Well, a woman could be bad-" Jonah started to say, but I cut him off.

"Hey! Just because you like guys doesn't mean I have to!" I yelled at him, afraid he'd seen right through me.

Jonah looked taken back. "I was going to saw a woman could be a bad thing if you didn't treat her right." He said quietly. His eyes clouded with that familiar hurt.

"Jonah-" I said, wanting desperately to apologize.

'Just save it, Owen. I don't want to hear your pity." He said softly, then got up with his stuff and left.

I heard the door slam, then I let myself sigh.

I had just hurt the boy I loved most...

-

I came home, opening the door and calling out to my parents that I was home. I shut the door and locked it, then walked towards the living room with my backpack hanging over one of my shoulders. I smiled at them, my mother returned the gesture where as my father didn't.

"How was the first day of school? What did you do today?" Asked my father, not even giving an effort to look as me as he addressed me.

I ignored it and answer him happily, "I started to plan a lot of beginning of school year events, along with an Arts Night. I'm planning it with Jonah Crowe, you know, from church?"

He looked up at this news with a cold, hard glare. "The gay boy?" He spat.

My happy expression evaporated. "Well.... Technically he is bisexual-"

"I don't care, Owen! Even if he has only a slight attraction to men, I hate him. He's scum, Owen. Not the kind you should be near."

I looked down as if it was my fault, feeling scolded and unloved for the night. "I'm sorry, father. But there's nothing I can do to change it..."

My father groaned in frustration. "Do you have to disappoint me everyday, Owen!? Can you try to get something right for once!?" He yelled at me, his face getting red like it always did.

"I'm sorry, father. I'll try harder. I promise." I said, pleading silently he would accept me.

"Fine. Go to your room and do your homework, no dinner tonight."

I nodded, going off to my room, knowing I was a failure... once again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loved it?

Hated it?

Tell me! :-)

~Jordan!