Chapter 1

Hey, I'm Emily! I've recently finished this anime and have been craving to make a fanfic of it, so here it is. Also, this is going to be them as all humans. Okay, well, I hope you enjoy! ^-^
Nanami runs out of her school crying her eyes out. Today was Mother's Day, so they were supposed to make an essay about why they love their mom's. Nanami couldn't handle thinking about her dead mother, so she ran out of the school not daring to look behind her. She heard teachers yelling her name, but she kept running.
Nanami rounds a corner and loses the teachers. She hyperventilates as more tears stream down her face. Her lungs begin to burn, and she begins to tremble uncontrollably. She slides her back against the fence she's reached and sits on the cold concrete. She puts her head between her knees to calm her breathing and tears. After a few minutes of coming back to reality, she walks to her happy place.
She smiles as she takes comfort of the cherry blossom tree in front of her. She runs to it, and wraps her arms around it as if it were a human. She has been coming here everyday since her dad abandoned her. Her mom used to take her as a child after they got ice cream. She breathes in the aroma of the tree and smiles.
After an hour or so, Nanami falls asleep under the tree. When she wakes up, she sees someone walking towards her and the tree. She quickly grabs her schoolbag, and jogs away from the tree. "Hey! Hey, I need help! I'm lost!" A voice belonging to the person that was walking towards her yells out.
She pretends she didn't hear them and continues jogging. She freaks out whenever she hears the steps close to her, so she begins to sprint. It's too late. The peron's hand grabs her shoulder, and forces her to face them. She doesn't make eye contact, and instead, looks at their striped shirt.
"Excuse me, can you tell me where Yuri High School is," the male asks, confused. "It's over there," Nanami says, pointing in the direction of her school. "Don't you go to school there? You're wearing the uniform you're supposed to wear there," the male observes. She crosses her arms over her chest self consciously as she notices the boy's eyes absorbing her features. "Yes, I go to school there," she replies sharply as she remembers how she ran out crying. Nanami looks at the ground as the tears begin to well up in her eyes. The male notices, and softens his tone, "Can you lead me to the school?"
Nanami considers it and sighs. She begins walking, and the male quickly follows. "What's your name," the male asks, trying to strike up a conversation. Nanami finally looks at the male, and she gasps at his beauty. She quickly looks away, hiding behind her curtain of hair as a blush creeps to her face. "My name is Nanami Momozono," she peeps. The male smirks and says, "Nice to meet you Nanami, I'm Tomoe." Nanami gives a tight smile as she repeats his name over and over in her head.
Nanami stops in her tracks and announces, "We're here. You know the way from here." Tomoe gives her a confused expression, "Aren't you coming with me? I mean, you do go to school here." She looks down at her feet as the tears well up into her eyes again. "I can't. It's Mother's Day. Bye," Nanami cries before she dashes off, back to the cherry blossom tree. Tomoe calls her name, but she continues running as the tears stream down her face. She can't let him see her weak.