First Day. First Look.

*Krystel*

As my alarm went off, I throw it across the room. I hate it, I just hate this day, it's the first day of school. It's the beginning of suffer.

"Krys, wake up, you're going to be late on your first day of school." My mom shout, from downstairs. She really is a morning person. Unlike me, I hate mornings, and she don't need to remind me of that. It got me a lot worse in my thoughts.

I got myself to the bathroom to wash and get dress.

I run downstairs, rolling my eyes as I saw my mother getting so hustled on preparing the breakfast on the kitchen table where my dad is sitting, reading the daily newspaper, as he always do every morning.

"Hey Sweetie, ready for the first day of 10th grade?" My mom said grinning while she points on the chair telling me to sit down and eat my pancakes.

My mom is sweet but sometimes strict. I mean, mostly strict. She wants everything to be under control. Unlike My Dad, He's an adventurous man also more like a funny man. He's not always serious but when he did you'll never get out of it. But that only happens once in a blue moon.

So here I am, on my way to hell I mean school. I'm excited to see Mark. We haven't seen each other for like a month, because he had to go to this "Relative Summer Vacation' they're having in New York.

As I parked my car in the school's parking lot, I quickly slide myself outside, trying to find where could Mark be. I have so many questions to ask him. On how his summer vacation went? And what's the difference between New Yorkers and L.A. people

"There you are." I thought to myself, as I see Mark beside the coffee machine. I run towards him, hastily covering his eyes from behind with my two hands, having it pretty hard to stay because he's taller than me.

"I know this smell, a rotten fish with vinegar" he tease.

"Hey! My hands doesn't smell like that!." I whine, removing my hand from his face. He turn around to face me, then he let out a laugh. I walk to my locker, being followed by him. He hold my hand, as we walk to the room.

I know it's kind of weird that we're acting like we're together, but WE'RE NOT. We are just fooling around flirting one another, but we promised to never fall into it. We just happen to be 'Forever Best Friends' nothing more than that. Everyone in the school know about it, except the new ones, but I don't care about it. Mark has been there for me ever since I was in 4th grade. He's the one who punches the bad people who wants to bully me. He never get hurt, because they never fought back. I think, by the fact that they see that Mark has some muscles popping out in his shoulders and he's a very strong and appealing guy. That's why girls in the school are drooling for him.

So as we walk into the class, finding our seats at the back, so that we can laugh at the things and stuffs and not get caught. The teacher walks in, and all of my classmates rushed back to their proper seats. I groaned to myself as I saw the teacher. She's what I've known as the most strict and frank teacher in the whole school. Ms. Garcia, she's my biology teacher last year, and I will never ever forget the way she scolded me in front of the whole class. It's the most embarrassing incident in my life.

"Okay class, Good Morning" the class greeted back in chorus.

"I am going to be your Adviser of this whole school year. If you ever need any help on your subject, feel free to consult me, understand?" She said, as if the words she say is scripted. My eyes widened and my hands shiver as when she said 'whole school year'. This is going to be the worst day of my life.

I came back from my senses when I heard a knock on the door...

"That might be the new student everyone has been talking about" Mark whisper to me.