Chapter 36: Thundering Pt. 2

Verde smirked at the group as Reborn tugged his fedora down.
"Verde...you are breaking the Arcobaleno Contract."
The scientist snorted.
"Like I care about that."
More lobsters appeared out of the ocean and started to attack their group; Reborrn sighed.
"Then the Arcobaleno shall assist the Vongola in this fight."
While everyone started to fight the lobsters, Tsuna took care of the squid instead when it suddenly caught Chrome by the waist.
The brunet jumped up and activated his Cloud flames, smashing his fist into the sea animal's head.
The squid screeched and instantly released Chrome; Tsuna quickly caught her while using Cloud flames to help him float above the water.
Chrome looked up at him and blushed slightly.
"Arigatou, Sensei...."
Tsuna simply smiled while looking at the fighters down below; he saw Verde watching him at the corner of his eye.
Verde smirked and pushed his glasses up.
'His flames...are Sky flames. How interesting...'
Tsuna suddenly pawn-like machines burst out of the ocean; he knew they were heading back to Namimori.
"Viper-kun! Please go after them! The others might be in danger!"
Viper grunted before disappearing in a burst of Mist flames.
~~
<<(With Viper)>>
"Mu...how troublesome..."
The Mist Arcobaleno appeared right next to the pawn-drones.
Right when Mammon was about to destroy it, one of them released some sort of glowing, green powder.
Viper widened his eyes beneath his hood when he felt his body freeze up suddenly.
'What the--!?'
Mammon clicked his tongue when the drones zoomed ahead of himself.
'Tch. D*** you, Verde.'
The Mist quickly tried to regain feeling into his body as he fell from the sky.
<<(The Sawada Household)>>
"Gyahaha! Here comes the broccoli monster!"
"Lambo, no!"
Nana and Bianchi were currently out; little Fuuta was watching the younger children chase each other with amusement.
Suddenly, there was a strange noise.
The three looked up to see a strange robot descend into the yard.
The three simply stared at it with confusion--although Lambo was actually playing around with his favorite ball.
The ball hit the drone.
A small laser came from the drone and melted the ball instantly; Lambo stared at the rubber goo with shock.
He glared at the machine and kicked at it.
"How dare you destroy Lambo-sama's favorite ball!"
The drone took that as an offensive act and aimed its laser at Lambo; Fuuta widened his eyes.
I-pin was quick to act as she aimed a kick at the drone, but the robot immediately directed its attention to the little girl instead.
"Exploding Lotus Kenpo!"
A mini, red dragon burst into the scene and punctured a hole through the drone.
I-pin brightened up and rushed over to a certain Storm Arcobaleno.
"師父!" (Master!)
Fon chuckled as he checked the little girl over.
"Are you hurt, I-pin?"
"I-pin not hurt, 師父."
He looked at Fuuta and Lambo and smiled softly.
"Everyone's fine?"
"Hai/Gyahahaha! Lambo-sama took down the drone!"
"Mu, Fon."
The Storm blinked his eyes in surprise when he spotted a familiar baby land near the drone.
"Viper?"
The said baby hissed softly.
"It's Mammon to you."
Fon merely smiled before narrowing his eyes slightly.
"What's going on?"
Mammon huffed.
"Verde has broken the Arcobaleno Contract; he's attacking us."
~~
<<(With Tsuna and the Others)>>
Tsuna stretched his hand out; he was holding Chrome in his other arm.
When the brunet opened his eyes, one eye was red and the other was blue--the ex-Decimo was using Storm and Rain flames at the same time.
Mini red orbs appeared in the air above the squid; a thin barrier of blue surrounded the Storm flames.
"Pioggia Rossa." (Red Rain.)
The red orbs darted downwards and struck the squid--hard.
The squid gave one more gurgling screech and disappeared in a burst of Lightning flames; Tsuna gained Verde's full attention.
"Hoh~aren't you an interesting one?"
Tsuna landed on the sand and set Chrome down before looking back at Verde, who continued to smirk; Tsuna's eyes switched back to their usual sunset-orange color.
"What's your name, kid?"
The brunet merely smiled.
"Sawada Tsunayoshi. It's nice to meet you, Verde-kun."
Verde smirked as he spoke once more.
"You...are a multi-flame-user." His eyes glinted with interest. "And on top of that, you posses..." His smirk widened. "...Sky flames."
Everyone looked at the brunet with shock--although Reborn and Chrome weren't too surprised. Chrome learned about the Sky flames from Mukuro...and the brunet's condition.
The purplenette shuffled closer to Tsuna, who continued to smile brightly and scratched the back of his head.
"Haha~you found me out~!"
Hito had to snap out of his stupor to quickly block an attack from a large claw; the other Guardians did the same.
"Raar! Skull-sama will help you weaklings!"
Tsuna sweatdropped when Skull's body became disturbingly muscular while still staying in his infant form.
'That form still weirds me out.'
Tsuna shook his head and sighed in exasperation when Reborn and Colonello kicked Skull into a lobster's direction; the lobster started to smash one of its claws on Skull, but the daredevil remained unscathed--thanks to his 'Immortal Body'.
"Exploding Lotus Kenpo!"
Three mini, red dragons came darting into view, pushing a few lobsters back; Fon and Viper entered the scene.
Tsuna then spotted a machine that came out of Verde's submarine(?).
The brunet narrowed his sunset-orange eyes.
Glowing, green powder was emitted from the sphere machine.
Almost immediately, all of the Arcobaleno froze up; Hito and his Guardians continued to struggle with the lobsters.
"Reborn!"
Drones went over the water and quickly captured the Arcobaleno, bringing them over where Verde was.
Thump.
Everyone widened their eyes with shock to see...Tsuna down on one knee, struggling to move.
Hito blinked his eyes in confusion.
'Doesn't the -7^3 powder only affect the Arcobaleno!? What's going on!?"
Tsuna grunted with sweat trickling down the side of his head; he carefully stood up while narrowing his gaze slightly.
"There...is no reason to do this, Verde-kun."
The Lightning Arcobaleno merely smirked, looking at Hito instead.
"Just give me the Vongola rings, Vongola. And your friends won't die."
Hito widened his eyes with shock and gazed at the Arcobaleno that were being used as hostages with worry; a lobster suddenly swung its arm down at the blonde's head.
Hito struggled to keep the sea animal from crushing him--as did the other Guardians, who ended up in the same position as the blonde.
Their flames were slowly being sucked away.
Tsuna's eyes drifted to the mass of Mist flames that only he could see; he saw that the real Reborn was studying Hito closely.
Hito bowed his head.
"I....won't give you the rings..."
Verde snorted.
"Che. So I'll have to kill your frie--"
"But I won't let you kill them either."
Hito lifted his head as his eyes burned with determination; the blonde shifted his hands into a unique-diamond shape and started to get his flames back from the lobster.
The Decimo then knocked the lobster away and rushed at Verde through the Sky, destroying the round machine that was producing the -7^3 powder.
The Guardians also gained some sort of moral from Hito's efforts; they pushed their own opponents away.
Right when Hito was going to release the Arcobaleno, they exploded.
Hito widened his eyes with disbelief and despair.
"REBORN!"
Verde huffed.
"I told you. But you never listened."
"Aren't you an annoying prick."
Verde widened his eyes and looked at the beach.
"Impossible."
The Mist flames that Viper used to hide them disappeared; the Arcobaleno were revealed--completely unharmed.
Reborn smirked smugly at the scientist.
Verde tsked before going into a stance.
"Elettrico Thunder!" (Electric Thunder!)
Tsuna raised up a barrier of Lightning flames when the green electricity nearly hit them; the brunet smirked when he spotted a familiar cow-child on Verde's submarine.
"Gupyah! It huuuuuurts! BWAAAAAAAAAH!"
Tsuna chuckled when he saw Verde's surprised expression; Lambo started to throw grenades all over the place.
Verde stopped his attack when the bombs went off.
Tsuna darted across the water and grabbed Lmbo before jumping back to the beach once more; the brunet gave a thumbs-up in Hito's direction.
Realizing what that meant, Hito started to charge up an X-Burner in Verde's direction.
"X-Burner!"
BOOOOOOOM!
~~
"It was a fake!? Are you sure Juudaime!?"
Hito nodded and lifted the fake Verde to show them--it was simply a robot.
The blonde then listened to his Hyper Intuition and looked at the rock that was not too far away from the island.
"I think...he's over there."
Hito pointed at the small rock; some looked at the blonde with a little uncertainty while Tsuna smiled and ruffled the other's locks.
"Go check it out then, Hito-kun."
~~
"Humph. So you found me, Vongola. Not bad."
The scientist sighed boredly.
"My seal had to do with the Trial of Intuition. I guess you pass, Vongola."
There was a green beam of light that connected with Hito's ring.
Verde smirked before pressing a button on the side.
"Ta-ta~!"
The scientist disappeared when a door opened up beneath him; the small hideout started to collapse.
Hito rushed out of the rock with Reborn on his shoulder; the two made it before the rocks could crush him.
Tsuna smiled brightly as he crouched in front of the panting blonde.
"Congrats, Hito-kun." The brunet then glanced at Reborn. "....Just one more, neh?"
Hito immediately straightened up at that; he turned his pleading, sky-blue eyes to Reborn.
"Please, Reborn. Give us a second chance! I--!"
"That won't be necessary."
Hito clenched his fists, but he blinked in surprise when he saw a small smile on Reborn's lips.
The hitman tipped his fedora up to look at Hito.
"You pass my test, Dame-Take."
Hito watched with shock as a yellow beam came from Reborn's pacifier and connected with his Vongola ring.
"Reborn..."
Smack!
Tsuna sweatdropped when poor Hito got kicked to the ground by Reborn.
"Don't get sappy with me, Dame-Take."
Tsuna sighed with exasperated amusement; the brunet smiled softly.
'Reborn will always be Reborn...'