Morning

The girl woke up in a rather pleasant mood.

She woke up to thoughts filled with love and joy and happiness, then got out of bed to prepare for the day. It was a school day, so she was up promptly at six o'clock that morning.

Once dressed, she ventured out of her room to put on some simple neutral makeup before school. As usual, not much verbal interaction occurred, but she didn't mind.

She applied her mascara and a bit of neutral-colored eyeshadow and left her bathroom to go eat something, though it wouldn't be much since it was six forty-five already and she had to leave by seven.

There was bread on the counter in the kitchen, so she popped a couple of slices into the toaster for a minute or two and ate the soft toast for breakfast plain. Satisfied with her breakfast for the day (well, mostly), she brushed her teeth hurriedly and ran out the front door; it was two minutes past seven, and she was running late — again.

As she ran down the street, she silently hoped and prayed to the gods that her friend hadn't left her to walk on her own; she hated doing that because she always felt lonely walking down the side of the road by herself.

She approached the car waiting at the end of the street and looked through the passenger side window. A look of disappointment crossed her face as she noticed that her friend wasn't in the vehicle.

Her friend's mother rolled down the window. "No ____ today," she said, "she's not feeling well."

The girl nodded in understanding and walked to the bus stop alone.

It was a normal morning.