Chapter Thirteen

(Clementine's POV)

It was amazing to have my friends together again. Kenny, Lee and I caught each other up for what felt like hours. Rocky sneaked away to the attic for a while. I hope she's okay.
I noticed that ever since Kenny returned, she's been acting really gloomy. Do they know each other? I highly doubt it. "Hey guys," I said, interrupting Kenny. "I'm gonna go check on Rocky." They nodded and I climbed up the ladder.
I saw Rocky with her knees to her chest, her crossbow next to her. She looked miserable as she stared out to the horizon. I looked down and saw several walkers with arrows in their skulls. Remind me not to mess with her when she's upset.
I sat next to her and put a hand on her arm, "Rocky, you okay?" I asked in my gentlest voice. She looked at me, her eyes cloudy with sadness, "He reminds me of my father." She said in a small voice.
I nodded, "Yeah, he did to me too when I was a little girl." I rubbed her back awkwardly. She relaxed a little and looked at the woods. Rocky tensed and quickly scrambled up. I looked up at the direction that she was looking at.
The branches were moving and the leaves were crunching. Something was definetally there.
And it couldn't be just walkers, whatever it was, it was very big. "Fuck!" She whispered, grabbing ny wrist, "We need to warn the others!"
"Why? Who's out there?" I asked. She turned to me, her eyes full of fear, "Bandits."

(Rocky's POV)

Why can't they leave me alone?! I jumped down from the attic, "Lee, Kenny, I need you two to grab whatever rations we have left anywhere. All weapons, all medicine, everything. Leave no trace of us here."
Clementine nodded, "Bandits." I closed the attic, holding my crossbow in my hand, then opened the basement, thankfully, the only way you can open it is through fingerscan, made by yours truely.
I helped put everything down there and I ran through every room, making sure nothing was left behind. "Guys, we have less than two minutes to get down there. Go!" I exclaimed.
Everyone went down there and I shut the door, then turned on the lightswitch. Basically, my basement is another room, plus a pantry, kitchen, and bathroom. I put a finger on my lips for silence.
I put an ear on the door and listened. "The girl must of left after we took her parents! I mean, look at this! Empty!" "Well, we haven't came back in a whole month." "Still!"
"Let's just go, it's obvious that girl left a while ago." "Or, we can stay here and use this house as a headquarters." Oh please do not... "We have to go now. We'll come back later and claim it, alright?"
We heard a vehicle roar to life and the sound of the engine fade away. I opened the door slowly then climbed out. "Rock," Clementine looked at me. "If they're coming back, we're going to have to leave. We can't stay here and risk it."
"What?!" I exclaimed. Lee nodded, "I'm sorry, Rocky, but this is the only idea we have."