Chapter 10

NEW AND IMPROVED CHAPTER 10!!

Katniss's dream

I wake up on my 19th birthday. Peeta is there, with a cake he made for me. It's a vanilla cake, with buttercream frosting that's dyed a light green with dark green swirls. It looks delicious.

 "Happy birthday, Katniss." He whispers, not wanting to make me jump. I sit up and smile.

 "When did you make this cake?" I ask sleepily

"Just now. Come on. Get up. We'll have a picnic!" I get up and get dressed pulling on some jeans, a T-shirt and a scarf.  I meet Peeta downstairs he has put food in a basket and is slipping on shoes. We walk hand in hand to the meadow. He leads me up a hill and lays down a blanket in the field of dandelions. I sit down on said blanket and start to tie the dandelions. I love dandelions. They are the prettiest weeds I've ever seen. Soon I have a chain of dandelions. I turn around to show Peeta. He is sitting there with all the food spread out around him, staring at me. 

"What?" 

"You look good with short hair." I smile shyly

"Well, thanks." He grabs the chain of dandelions and ties the ends together, forming a circle. He places the crown in my hair, some of the shortest pieces falling over it. We eat the delicious lunch Peeta has prepared for us. Cheese buns (of course), some sandwiches with meat from the butcher, And he has sliced the cake he made earlier into huge pieces. He has also packed many smaller things, such as pickles, chips, water bottles, and some grapes. I swipe a grape and pop it my mouth. The grape breaks open and I taste the delicious flavor of the juice as it floods around my mouth. I look up and smile at Peeta who has just taken a bite of his sandwich. He smiles back. After around 20 minutes of eating and exchanging small talk, I see a dragonfly flutter by. I stand up and begin to follow it.

Dragonflies are one of my favorite animals. They are beautiful creatures. It amazes me how fast they move. I continue to run after it, determined to follow it until it lands. I chase it around for quite awhile, mostly in circles. It doesn't go to far into the woods, and if it does, it goes back to the meadow again. I guess I'm not the only one drawn to the meadow. I chase it by where Peeta has set up our picnic basket and watch it land on the handle. I slowly bend down, not wanting to startle the creature, as I chased it for 10 minutes waiting for this moment. I slowly lower my finger in front of the dragonfly, hoping it will hop on to my finger. When It does, I smile. It flies up, then lands on the dandelion right above my forehead. I look up at it best I can and laugh. I watch as it flies away. 

"That's my new screen saver." I hear Peeta say. I look over at him.

"What?" He shows me the picture. It is a picture of me laughing at the dragonfly on my head. "When did you take that? I didn't even see you!" 

"I'm sneaky like that." I sit beside him in the field and lay down. He grabs my hand. I look up, into the sky grinning at the beautiful blue color that covers the sky, not a single cloud in sight.

I feel Peeta lay down beside me, but I don't stop looking into the sky. I wish my life could always be like this. Maybe now it can. Maybe I can have a forever with Peeta. Maybe we'll live happily ever after. 

Who knows? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katniss

That has to be the best sleep I have gotten in years. However waking up is not as smooth of a ride. I begin a cough attack as soon as I sit up. I cough and cough for what has to have been 5 minutes Once that ends, I begin to feel really cold. What's going on? 

I hear a knock on my door. It creaks open before I can say come in. "Katniss? Its time to- Oh my gosh! What happened? Are you okay?" I nod.

"Yeah, I think so. I am really cold though. Will you get me more blankets?" He comes over to me.

"We need to take your temperature." He leaves the room and returns a moment later with a thermometer in his hand. The temperature ends up being 102.2 "You have a fever. Do you want to move to the living room? We can watch movies there and everything?"

"We? Peeta, you have to work and to go to school. I will move to the living room." 

"I have to stay to look after you!" 

"I'll be fine!"  I start to tell him to stop, but he has already left the room to call the school and tell his Dad he won't be working today. Why is he so selfless. He returns around five minutes later. 

"You said you wanted to move to the living room?" I nod standing up. Peeta runs over to pick me up, but I stop him. 

"I can walk!" 

"I don't want you to get more ill."

"Peeta. I can promise you, I won't get sicker by walking." When we reach the living room. I begin another coughing attack. When that finishes, I look up to Peeta, who is smirking at me. 

"Told you." I roll my eyes, grinning, and lay down wrapping the blanket around me. "What hurts Katniss, Your throat? Your head? Stomach?" 

"My throat and head do." 

"Don't speak, I'll be right back." He returns 3 minutes later with a cup of tea and an Ice pack for my head. I smile. 

"Do you want to watch a movie? I nod."Pick one out. Do you want anything else? Breakfast? Toast? I'll bring you some toast" After minutes he appears in front of me with toast. 

"You're so good to me, you know that?" 

"You deserve it." He presses a kiss to the top of my head and pulls me closer to him. 

I wish I could freeze this moment and live in it forever.