Life in the Museum

The brush of a hand is equivalent to the human embrace. Except love is shown in a not so extrovert way, and it is more manly.

"This ain't queer, is it?" Jedidiah inquired. He looked up into Octavius's eyes, which were the same as always: homey. He seemed like he had the chance to actually be understood by a person his size, and to be able to understand that person.

"It's only queer if you like the person. So no, this is not queer, or gay, as you would say," Octavius told. They were walking down the hallways of the museum back in New York, their rightful home.

Jedidiah stepped away slightly, and then stopped walking all together. Triggered by this, Octavius did the same, and looked to Jed.

"Oct, I have to tell you something," Jed admitted. He was going to say want instead of have, but he changed the word because there is such a big difference between the two, and he would have not have been interpreted correctly.

"Ok, what must you tell me?" Octavius asked, turning towards the southerner.

"Um, well, I spent my whole life fightin' you and now were buds and all, you're my best friend, I, um, enjoy spending time with you and, um, I look at you and sometimes I imagine we are a bit more than friends and then I look back at when we fought and I know that it can't happen because we left too big of a scar on each other and even though I know that I needed to tell you that I , um, like you as , um, more than a friend, I guess... " He stepped away a bit as if Octavius was about to hit him and looked at his boots.

"Jedidiah, you are now an ally instead of enemy, and we are "buds," as you have put it. I've enjoyed watching funny cat videos, and driving remote control cars with you, and all, but you know... What will people think?" he asked. He wanted to say more than that, but he didn't want to scare away his partner. He was too important to lose without a battle.

"It doesn't matter what people think." He firmly took Oct's hand into his and gave a reassuring squeeze to it. This was the beginning of something fantastic.

Oct pulled Jed into an embrace and Jed rested his head on Oct's shoulder. They stayed like that for a while, the hugging stopped when Jed decided to slip Oct's helmet off his head and run away laughing. Oct smiled and ran after him.