Chapter 6: The Sickness

Cleo, Rikki, and Kim left Emma's house later in the afternoon. Rikki headed to the café while Kim and Cleo went home to get ready for the party.

As she walked through the beads that hung over the entrance, Rikki discovered Bella on stage with a huge ball of wires on her lap

~Rikki's POV~

"Hey! What happened?" I asked as I approached Bella.

"Somehow the wires got tangled. Nate said he would be back in a minute but its been an hour!" 

"Need any help?" I asked, but hoping that she would say no.

"No, Nate will be ba-" She stopped midsentence and her hand flew to her mouth. She scrammbled to her feet and ran into the office. When I got to her, she was bent over the trash can next to the desk. Zane handed me a box of tissues.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned while handing her a tissue.

"Yeah, I think it was just a bad smoothie." She replied with a shaky voice.

~Bella's POV~

After wiping my face, I was shocked by what I saw in the trashcan I had just vomited in.

"Rikki, I think you need to see this." I held the bin out so she could see. She grabbed it and her eyes got big.

"Why is it blue?" She asked.

"I don't know. I had a strawberry smoothie. Nothing blue."

"What if it's something to do with the full moon? What if you can't remember anything because of some weird sickness?" Zane added while limping to his desk chair.

"Do I look sick?" Rikki asked him, holding her arms out.

"No,uh, it's just,um, I'll go manage something." He stuttered not being able to come up with a good response.

After he walked out, Rikki and I sat on the couch for a while talking about the plans for tonight when she brought up a party.

"My and Cleo's friend Emma is back from traveling and she wants us to come to a party of hers."

"Even me?" I asked.

"Yeah. She wants to meet you." She got up to answer the phone.

"Wait slow down Lewis. What's wrong with Cleo?" She turned and I could tell by the look on her face that she was worried. "Are you sure it's blue? Okay. Okay We'll be right there." She hung up the phone before looking at me.

"What's going on?" I asked as I stood up. She grabbed Zane's car keys before turning back to me.

"Cleo's sick too." We both rushed out to Zane's car and Rikki drove us to Cleo's house.

We rushed in and could hear Cleo vomiting upstairs. When we got to the bathroom, Cleo was on the floor with her tail sticking into her bedroom while she hung onto the toilet. Rikki glanced in to discover the vomit to be the same shade as mine.

"How could being moonstruck do this to us?" I asked Rikki.

"Where did you come up with the idea that it is the moons fault?" Lewis asked while tying back Cleo's hair.

"Zane mentioned it." Rikki's phone rang and she answered it in the hall.

"Will someone please dry me off." Cleo asked looking at Lewis and I.

"Rikki will be back in a minute." Lewis told her.

~Cleo's POV~

Rikki walked back in with her hands on her head.