7

"Sir, allow to me take her."

"No, I'm perfectly capable of carrying my own daughter. Could you get her Pokémon though and fetch someone to tend to them." My fathers voice reached my ears as I became aware that I was being carried.

My eyes fluttered open to be met with the familiar sights of my home. Tears flooded my eyes. I'm home, I'm actually home.

"You ready for that bath Kayley?" My father asked, looking down at me with a comforting smile.

I nodded as my eyes glazed over ever detail of my home. I'd almost forgotten what my house looked like. How much I loved the beautiful paintings that hung on the walls, the landscapes filled with happy Pokémon playing in beaches, forests and mountainous regions. The paintings of rare or mythical Pokémon or even legendaries. Tears fells over my cheeks as I wondered whether or not this was real or if the last of my sanity had snapped and I was just imagining all of this. I looked up at my father and decided that this was real and even if it wasn't, I was glad to be here.

"I'm going to stand you up now, okay. Do you think you need help?" My father asked with concern.

I nodded and my father gently stood me on my feet, my knees shook from having weight on them suddenly. They buckled but my father still held onto me tightly, stroking my hair. I shut my eyes and straightened my legs, standing up again. This time I stayed on my feet with help from my father, he helped me to the bathroom where one of the house keepers had already run a bath.

I took my time in the warm, soapy bath, letting the soothing warm water soak out every last speck of grim from my hair and skin. I used as least half the bottle of squirty, Razzberry soap trying to make sure that every last inch of my body had been scrubbed spotless. As more dirt and grim came off, the more noticeable bruises and scabs became. I ran my fingers over them, pinching my eyes shut in disgust of their cause. Tears ran down my cheeks as everything that had happened these past few months plagued my mind like a bad smell.

But I was home now. No one could hurt me again here, I could hide in my castle of a home forever and not been ever seen again by the world. Somehow, although in a way comforting, my plan seemed lonely, disdainful almost. But why, I didn't want to leave ever again but somehow it seemed unable to be avoided. I decided that this topic could be dwelled upon later, after I had slept in my own bed and calmed down from the whole terrifying experience.  

I exited the bathroom, my clean yellow nightgown that once fit snugly over my now seemed several sizes to big. I leaned against the door frame for a moment, breathing in the fresh citrusy smell of the cleaning products used in my house. I'd barely even noticed them before but now, it seemed like the most heavenly smell ever. I closed my eyes for a moment, I was beyond exhausted and I doubt I could even make it to my room alone. I barely remembered where it was.

I opened my eyes and turned to my right, using the wall for support as I wandered the many halls of my home. Thankfully my room was on this floor so I wouldn't have to go up or down any stairs and my room wasn't that far from here. I turned the corner and crashed into something, or should I say, someone. I fell backwards, instantly feeling fearful of who it could be, I whimpered and squeezed my eyes shut while pushing myself away.

"Hey hey hey, Kayley, it's just me." My fathers voice soothed as he crouched by my side. "You're safe now."

My father picked me up lightly in his arms, whispering soothing things to me as he carried me to my room. I kept my eyes shut the entire time, scared that if I opened them, my fathers voice would vanish. I was sat in the big fluffy lounge chair that sat in my room, I looked around confused until I felt a hairbrush being dragged lightly though my hair. My father made sure he didn't hurt me, gently tugging at any knots he found until my silky black hair was straight again. He then worked on pulling into a single plait down my back. My father hasn't done my hair for me for years, to the point I doubted he remembered he knew how to do it, but it felt nice to have someone fussing over me like he was.