17: Coffee shop (Stuart x Reader)

Your p.o.v-

"Good luck!" My mom said as I stepped out of her car and on my way to the whole "Google facility".

It's not like I'm an intern, I'm actually working at the mini coffee shop they have in the cafeteria.

"Okay... Where are you..." I say as I looked around the huge building. Finally the small place caught my eye. I smile and headed over.

I saw someone sitting in there. Probably my trainer.

"Hi..." I say nervously.

"Oh hello." The boy greeted.

"So um I'm Y/N and I'm here for the job?" I say as a question even though I didn't know why.

"Oh miss Y/L/N." The boy smiled.

"That's me." I say grinning.

...

He taught me a few things abut here and there, and now I was finally able to start working on my own after a few days. To be honest... I'm exited.

I stood in the shop as I looked around the cafeteria.

Then there was a group that walked in. They all took a seat and began talking. Suddenly one of them got up and headed over to me.

As he spoke his order I made sure to understand every bit of it. I didn't want to mess up on the first day, and definitely not in front of this cute guy.

"Yup." I say a little too cheerfully but whip up the exact order he wanted.

"Thanks." He says and winks with a smile then walks away.

I felt myself begin to blush a little.

...

It was everyday.

Everyday, he comes to buy a coffee. We got to talk a bit as time went by, but only small talk like "how's it going" or "anything new" you know, boring conversations that you wished would become better ones in the future and that maybe the guy you like asks you out.

Yup. Turns out I developed a crush for him--Stuart.

I got to learn a bit from him. I know that he's an intern, and that he's got quite a funny personality. He seems like a sweet guy too if you're friendship is close enough.

He would always arrive at the same time everyday. And I waited there and already had his coffee ready to go. I didn't make it too early otherwise his coffee would get cold.

Today I didn't see him at the time though. Maybe he was running late?

I looked at the coffee I had on the counter ready for him and felt it.

Cold.

I was sad and realized that he wasn't going to show up today, which really disappointed me.

I sat down at the counter and looked at my nails and started to chip off some of the leftover nail polish to pass the time.

"Why so glum?" I hear that familiar voice say and my head rushed up to make eye-contact with it.

"Stuart! I didn't think you were coming today..." I say.

"Why wouldn't I?" He said giving a cheeky smile. I giggle.

"Oh! I'm so sorry I had your coffee ready but then it got cold and-"

"Don't worry, I didn't come for coffee." He shrugs.

"What did you come for?" I ask curiously.

"Your number." He winks.

My eyebrows raised and I felt myself begin to smile along with a small blush creeping to my cheeks.

I clear my throat and let my hand out.

He passed me his phone and already had the "new contact" option open and I gladly put my number in.

"Here you go." I say and hand him his phone.

"Thanks." He smiles.

"Talk to me soon." I wink.

"I will." He says.

"Still want that coffee?" I giggle and he chuckled. "Yes please."

I started to make it and we talked a bit more. Once I handed him his coffee I had a small question.

"What took you so long to come here? Just out of curiosity..." I say not wanting to be too nosy.

"Mm... No reason." He shrugs.

"That's a lie..." Someone says.

I looked over at the table that it came from.

"Shut up Neha..." Stuart says.

"He was trying whether or not to ask you for your number today so he talked to me." She laughed.
Stuart hides his face in his hands and groans.

"Awee." I say and I saw Stuart move his hands away from his face and I saw a small blush to it.

"Hey, I can take my break now if you want to go somewhere for lunch..." I say with a smile. He smiled too.

"That'd be great." He says and I put the "will be back" sign on the counter.

...

"So Y/N," Stuart says with a pause. "I was wondering if you wanted me to... Take you on a date instead of just lunch. You know... We can actually go somewhere and spend more time with each other." He said.

"I'd love to." I smile and gave him a peck on the cheek and he had a huge grin.

"Friday." He says.

"Sure. Text me." I wink.

The end