Chapter 8: Opening Night

4 MONTHS LATER, Friday

Rachel couldn't believe that tonight was the opening night for Funny Girl. She had been in long hour rehearsals waiting for this day to finally come. She was nervous a little but what person won't when it is their opening night of their first Broadway show ever.

Rachel was at the apartment relaxing in her pjs, when her phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Miss Brice.", it was Finn.

"Hey, Finn."

"Hey, Rachel are you excited for the big night."

"Yes, but a little nervous."

"Don't be you are going to be great. I know it."

"Thanks, Finn. When are you planning to come?"

"I think you should just come to the door."

Rachel walked to the door and on the other side was her tall and extremely hot boyfriend.

"Finn! I thought you were going to be in later. I would have cleaned up the apartment and myself if I had known you would be here this early."

"You look beautiful Rachel. When do you have to get to the theater?" Finn asked.

"I have a couple of hours."

"Great, I can have so time with you, alone."

"Oh, Finn. What do you want to do?"

"I think you know what I want to do?"

Rachel grabbed Finn's hand and headed for her room.

Rachel was now at the theater in her dressing room, preparing for the show. She couldn't believe that this was it. The moment she had been working for her whole life.

A stage crew member walked in her room, about 15 minutes later, calling places. Rachel did her last fix ups and headed for the stage. Everyone was running to their places.

Rachel walked on the stage and stood behind the close curtain. She felt ready this was it. Rachel took a deep breath. 'Let the show begin', Rachel thought in her head and then the curtain opened.

The show went great. They had a standing ovation. Rachel felt so good. She was so happy that everything went well. Now, she just has to keep it for the rest of the run of the show. But believed strongly she won't have to worry.

All of her friends and family had come to see the show. Sadly except for Brittany, because she got accepted to MIT right after Regionals. She jumped on the offer and left 2 days after Regionals.

After the show, they all came and gave her tons of good feedback and hugs. She was happy that they all had come to see her.

Even the New New Directions came to the show to support her.

"Rachel, you did so well. We are so proud of you." Leroy said tearing up.

"Oh, We know are daughter was going to be star!" Hiram said proudly.

"She was born one." Shelby said walking up to Rachel and her dads.

"Shelby!" Rachel stated excitedly. "I didn't know if you were coming."

"Rachel, I would miss this for anything. You did fantastic. Ms. Streisand would be proud."

"Thank you." Rachel said giving her mom.

"Ok, sorry Rachel. But we have to get going home." Leroy said.

"That's fine. I love you guys. Call me when you land."

"Ok, love you." Hiram said while giving his daughter a hug.

After saying bye to her dads, she walked to the group of all her friends and the New New Directions.

"Hey, guys. Thanks for coming. It means a lot to me."

"We wouldn't have missed it.", Mercedes said.

Rachel smiled, "Okay, let me get dressed and we can all hang out at the apartment."

Everyone said ok, but the New New Directions sadly declined because they had to get home. But Rachel understood.

It took Rachel about 15 minutes to change, and then met her friends in front of the stage. Then they headed off to the apartment.

The friends hang out and ate Chinese food and pizza. They all talked about what they were up too. They also talked about the old times and different memories from Glee Club.

After a couple of hours, sadly people had to leave. The L.A. gang had to head back because they had classes. Puck had already left to go back to Lima with his brother. Tina, Sam, and Blaine had headed back with them. The only people that decided to stay was Quinn and Finn. Quinn wanted to stay because she hasn't spent much time with any one since they graduated.

Everyone was getting tired and soon started to head to bed.

"Ok, Quinn you can sleep in my room, if you want." Santana said.

"Okay, that's fine by me.", Quinn said.

"No funny business, you two." Kurt said sarcastically.

Everyone had found out what happened at Mr. Schue's wedding between the two of them.

Quinn and Santana gave him a glare. "Talk to you two love birds in the morning. Goodnight." Quinn said.

"Night, Quinn." Rachel stated happy that she had decided to stay.

"Okay, I'm going to bed, too." Kurt yawned.

"Night, Lil' bro." Finn said.

After they were done watching some TV. The happy couple headed to Rachel's room to sleep. They changed into their pjs, and then laid on the bed.

Finn wrapped his arms around Rachel. "I love you, Rachel."

"I love you, Finn."

After a couple of minutes lying there, the couple fell asleep in each other's arms.