Chapter 1

I was suddenly stirred from my sleep by someone shaking my shoulder. I slowly stretched and opened my eyes to the bright, bubbly flight attendant.
"We've just arrived in Milan" she said. I looked down to her name tag and replied "thank you Destiny" I stated as kindly as I could for someone who had just woken up. After giving a small nod and a bright smile she was off to wake other passengers. I only hope they're as nice to her as I was.
Then of course after doing the same routine for 9 years, one learns to get used to the obnoxious hours that you're woken up at.
After collecting my carry on from the compartment above the seats I got off the plane. I've always loved airports, there are so many people. And who doesn't love to people watch, trying to guess where they're going and who they're going to see. It always calms me down from thinking about my hectic schedule.
I went out the front doors of the airport after collecting my suitcases from customs. Right as I walk out I spot Travis my personal driver. Travis always drives me when I have an important meeting or photo shoot.
I was here in Milan for a meeting with the head of Vogue; this would determine if they wanted to sign a contract with me. I really want to get this contract with Vogue; it would be a huge opportunity for my career.
I've done everything from quirky conservative to risqué nudes for many magazines. Modeling is no joke; it takes tons of hard work and effort to get to the top. That's why by getting this contract with Vogue is so important to me.
Travis took me to the hotel I always stay at while in Milan. When we got there he helped me take my suitcases inside, then he left. I still had a few hours to myself, which I would most likely use to sleep, before I had to go to my meeting with Vogue.

**** 1:00pm Milan time****
I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring drunk in love. I took a couple seconds to stretch, and then got out of bed to get ready. I picked out a chic yet sexy black skirt and a blue long sleeve button-up shirt. I decided to go a bit natural with my makeup and left my hair natural. I slid on a pair of brushed-suede Alexander Wang pumps.  Not even a couple seconds later I got a call from Travis stating that he was already in front of my hotel waiting. I grabbed my Gucci purse, that my sister got me for my birthday, placed my phone and anything else I thought I may need inside.

** skip car ride**

Travis pulled up to the Milan Vogue building and got out to open my door for me. I thanked him then walked into the building. I walked up to the front desk; the lady sitting there had long brown hair. She looked displeased with her job, with a frown set on her face she looks up at me.
"Who are you here to see?" She asks in a rude tone.
"I have an appointment with Anna wintour (a/n: she's the president of vogue for those who don't know) she said that I could just give you my name and someone would be here to escort me to her"
She looks back down to her computer then asks me for my name "my name is Penelope Winters" she starts typing then nods her head, she picks up a phone and takes to someone on the other line.
"Someone will be down to "escort" you to her shortly, please have as seat in one of the chairs."
After a few minutes of waiting the elevator dings and someone exits. A man in a black suit walks up to me.
"Are you Penelope Winters?" He asks. "Yes I am" I politely respond to his question. "Please follow me; I will take you to Anna"
We enter the elevator and he enters a card into a slot then presses a floor number. When we reach what I think is the top floor we exit and he takes me down a long hallway. We stop in front of dark red doors that are embroidered in gold trimmings. He knocks on the door and I hear a strong "come in"

He opens the door for me and I walk into the room. The first thing I do is scan the room; I notice how neat it is. Everything looks homey and the smells like freshly baked apple pies. It calms me because it reminds me of home around thanksgiving and Christmas. My mom loves to bake; her favorite thing to bake is apple pie. In the middle of the room is a mahogany desk with a black leather chair place behind it. Sitting in the chair is Anna Wintour; she stands up to greet me.
"Hello, you must be the ever gorgeous Penelope Winters." she smiles warmly at me.
"That would be me, it's an honor to meet you Mrs. Wintour."
"Likewise" she said "I can tell with how hard it was to contact you that you are in very high demand"
I can't believe it Anna Wintour was complementing me.
Her face turned serious and her eyes dropped to the paper sat in front of her. "Let's get down to business shall we?"
I nodded, crossed my legs and placed my hands in my lap.

"I've been keeping tabs on you and I must say that I am very impressed with your work ethics. You seem to have a certain drive for your job and I can tell you enjoy it very much. That's why I wanted offer you a contract with vogue. It would require you to visit certain countries, which I'm sure you are used to, and you would also be on the cover of next month's magazine. It's a 2 year contract, which includes a feature in the magazines during each season. You would also be walking during fashion week. So, what do you say? Will you join the vogue team?"

Is she kidding me? Is that even a question? Of course I will say yes, anyone would be dumb not to.
" I would be honored to be a part of the vogue family." I stated as calmly as I could with all the excitement bubbling up inside of me.
"Great we will mail you the contract to look over and if you have any questions or concerns please do contact me. I look forward to you joining our family." She smiled warmly at me and I stood up to shake her hand. To my utter surprise she pulled me into a hug instead. Before I left I thanked her again for offering me the contract.
Once I return to my hotel room I can't help breaking into a fit of screaming and jumping. I would say I'm sorry for the people who are staying below me, but I'm too happy to care right now. I can't wait to be on the cover of vogue.
It's currently 4:30 pm in Milan so I decided to go out to eat at a fancy restaurant as a celebration. When I returned from dinner I got in to my pajamas, climbed into the bed and fell asleep.