Silence

Katie POV
It's been almost a week and Leona won't come out and let me comfort her. The face of fear, mixed with hatred has been her face for 6 days. The look in her eyes held the emotion of being scared. I keep trying to hug her and comfort her but she keeps pushing me away. Or sometimes glaring and yelling at me. It's not MY DAMN FAULT! I just don't understand. Everything about us was perfect until Randy ruined it. I care about Leona so much and can't risk her getting hurt like that ever again. Finally, I decided I'll go to her during lunch and not let her slip away today.

When I approached her, her eyes softened but hardened. I gently grabbed her hands, not caring about the ID card held in her hand. The sweat trapped on her skin showed me how nervous she was. Wait is Leona...scared of me...? No! No way! I pull her closer to hold her but she pulls away. I couldn't take it. I grabbed her shoulders and kissed her. My soft greedy lips moved along with her hard, cold lips. She pulls away, not even a blink, before turning and walking away. I gripped my hair and wanted to scream, punch, or ruin everything I see. But I can't. I'm the "innocent" girl at school.

"KATIE!" I turn and see my neighbor, Miley. The girl Randy cheated on me with. The cold, hard, angry look in her eyes were telling me this isn't going to go very well. Miley swung one fist at me, it connecting with my nose, letting me stumble back into a locker. People started gasping or snickering as they formed a circle around us. "You're a fucking slut, prissy BITCH! You got Randy in jail when he did nothing and you almost killed him! But OH NO NOT THE GOOD GIRL." Miley shouted and growls. You're wrong Miley. He was gonna rape my girlfriend. I can't let that happen.

"Miley you're wron-" Another punch connected with my cheek, pain shot through my face and down my spine. Fuck!

"Don't you dare say I'm wrong, bitch." She grabs my hair. "I'm never fucking wrong." She yells and throws me to the ground. When my face connected with the hard floor, pain shot through my entire body as my vision got blurry.

"IM." A kick connected with my gut.

"NEVER." Another.

"WRONG." One connected with my neck making me yell out in pain.

Everyone started laughing and I felt their cruel fingers pointing at my shaking curled up body. No teachers. No friends here. No Leona. I let the tears break free and run down my face as I sobbed in pain. The short haired girl grabbed my jaw, yanking me to my feet and punched my gut. Blood dripped from my lips. Someone...Help me... Another punch. And another. And a few more. Just as Miley reached for my neck, someone tackled the girl away from me. I wobbled there for a few seconds, letting my vision come back. Only to see Leona slamming Miley's face into the hard floor. She didn't stop. Even when people started pulling her off. I yanked her off as Miley's crew shouted random dumb threats at us. The bleeding Miley gets up, flips Leona and I off before going down the hallway, away from the blood patterned hallway.

"Leon-" I go to say something but she smacks the shit out of me. I fall against the locker, blood dripping from my mouth and nose. I turn back and watch her walk down the hallway.

Silence treatment huh? Fine. Be like that. I wipe my mouth and stumble my way to the office, where I'm about to be rained on from hell.