[ Chapter 3 ]

Chapter Three

I jumped to my bed, reaching for my phone which is ringing and vibrating continously. I look at the ID and it's ...
MOM.
I picked it up immediately right after.

"Hello?"

"Hayzel, how are you dear?"

"I'm fine... mom."

"You sure?"

I sighed before answering, "Yes."

"Alright then. Keep safe okay? We miss you."
*toot*
*toot*
*toot*
"I miss you too." I mumbled, realizing that my tears are rolling down my cheeks. That feeling when you should accept the fact that you are born to be alone, that feeling is what I always feel. The tears that flowed down quickly disappeared when I wiped them with my shirt.
After a few minutes, my phone rang again. Not looking at who is the caller, I pressed the answer button.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hayzel.." that sounded like the guy who--- Oh my god!

"Yes? Who are you? Do I know you? Why do you keep calling me? Are you stalking me? Why do you have my number? Where did you get it?"

"Woah. Calm down, okay?" he actually sounds familiar.

"Okay." I answered.

"Alright then. Wanna know me? Then let's meet." he suggested.

I paused thinking about what he just said.
Then let's meet.
Let's meet.
MEET.

What should I do?!

"Uhm--"

"Meet me at the school's garden tomorrow after class. See you!"

And the call ended. WHAT THE--?!

I stared at my phone. Meet?!

What should I do now??

Should I ignore him?

Should I do something to stop all of this?

I'm panicking.

I threw my pillows away from me.

He.Will.Meet.ME.

Is this guy bad? or not?

Wait, why am I thinking about him?

No way.

+-+-+-+-+-+
{THE NEXT DAY}

I should face this day with the ordinary me. I shouldn't smile like I always do. I shouldn't care. I should ignore.
"Hello Ms. Hayzel." the teacher greeted me with a smile.
"Hello." I answered coldly while not meeting her eyes.
"Isn't a great weather we're having today?" she smiled once more.
"Yeah. Great." I nodded.
"Yes. Really great. Good answer, Hayzel. Well, I need to go now." she pats my head then she jogs her way to her class.
"Bye.." I murmured.

Today, I'm gonna meet him. But first let me take my classes on focus. I don't want to fail.

"Hey loser!" the girls on my class threw balled paper at me.
I ignored them and proceeded on my chair.
"Awe, we have a new nickname! Loner Loser! Ah-huh!" they all laughed at me while I bow my head.
"Loner Loser! Loner Loser! Loner Loser!" they cheered in unison.
"Oh look her name rhymes with LOSER. Hayzel Loser!" and again they laughed loudly.
"Okay that's enough. Take your seats." the teacher walked in with his arms folded.
"Good morning sir!" we all greeted.
"Good morning. Let's start our class now. Open your..." I frowned while looking at him.
"Is there a problem Hayzel?" he asked.
I shake my head quickly for a respond.
"Again let's read..."

My mind was blank the whole time. And I don't know why. Maybe because of myself? Sigh.

"Okay class dismiss." the teacher said after the bell rang. I fixed my things and placed them in my bag. The room was empty after I got out. What am I going to do next? WAIT! THAT'S RIGHT! MEET HIM!

I walked to the garden while expecting him to be waiting. My jaw dropped when I saw the garden. It's so.. beautiful. The flowers are blooming and the trees are rich with leaves. But no sign of him. I sat down the bench beside me. I never knew the garden was this beautiful. But still no sign of him. After a few minutes, the wind whistled while blowing my hair. I closed my eyes, listening to the sound of the wind. It was relaxing. But in a minutes, I heard footsteps. The sound gets closer with every step.
I opened my eyes slowly. And there he is! He stood tall while putting a smile at me.
I stand up so I can greet him but my mouth won't move. Instead, I stared at him the whole time.
"Hi. I'm Stephen." he placed a bunch of flower infront of me. I don't know what to do. I looked at the flowers then back at him. My feet began to move, I realised I was running away from him.