Chapter 19: Dead Asleep

I was in the treehouse where he laid, I was still in shock of what happened. I was looking at old photos of us. I smile at how overjoyed we looked. Tears started leaking down my face and on the photo. I wiped my face and looked up at the sky. How could I be so blind and not see it? How could I be so narrow-minded and say those awful words to him? I don't care what my dad has taught me in the past, I'm done living in his image, I want to be living my own image.

I stand up and climb down from the treehouse. When I jumped down, I brush off my black suit and headed over my car which was on the outside of the woods. I walk out of the woods and heading to my car. I made sure that I had the red rose for Cameron. Just then I saw something that made me break into a million pieces. It was Cameron's sweatshirt, I picked it up and looked it, admiring the stitching. I held it close to my chest, smelling the aroma of his cologne still stained on it. I couldn't believe I caused this much pain. The guilt was eating me alive.

I finally arrived at the church and I felt this anchor weighing on my heart. I was in the back of the church and seeing the open casket. I was too afraid to look in at him again. I see Cameron's grandma, who has Alzheimer's, go up to him.

"Cameron Alexander Dallas, wake up this moment!" She exclaimed.

"Grandma, Cameron is dead," Cameron's sister said.

"Oh he'll be fine, and you better wake up," she said crossing her arms.

I walk out to the casket and immediately start to break down in tears. Cameron was pale as a ghost, dark circles under eyes. His sleeve was rolled up a little, I could of sworn that my name was written on his wrist. I put the red rose in his hand. I saw a sit reserved for me, so I walk to it and sat down. Just then Cameron's sister came up to the podium.

"Um, Cameron actually wanted to show a video before we start," she said as she pressed a bottom.

A screen appeared out of nowhere. Then the screen turned blue and then I saw the YouTube icon pop up, Cameron's video came up. I looked up at the ceiling to keep the tears from pooling out. She pressed play and the video started.

"Hey guys, um this video is going to be different, let me start by saying that I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being weak, I'm no way in any shape or form that I'm seeking attention. I just want to say goodbye," he said starting to cry," Um and the only I want you to know is that I'm gay and that I love Hamilton Nash Grier with all my heart! I don't care how many people know and I'm already aware that he is homophobic. I told him and he didn't take it too well, but forgive you Nash. If you love someone you should never hurt him. I wish you all the best. I love you all."

He was in tears at the end of the video. The screen went black and I heard my name being called by a familiar voice. I turn around and see a light. I look into the light and...

"Nash, wake up!" a familiar voice said.

I look up and it was Cameron, with a nervous expression on his face. He looked down at me and put a hand through my sweaty hair. He sat me up and my heart was beating out of my chest.

"It's was just a nightmare, you're safe now," he said caressing my cheek.

"Cameron, can I see your arms?" I asked nervously.

He shook his head, but I pulled his sleeves up, seeing my name and gay fag a bunch of times. I lean down, kissing each and every last cut. He whimpered every time my lips would touch his skin. I look back up at him, seeing him blushing. He scoots closer to me and started to lean in and he stopped centimeters from my lips.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked in a whisper.

I look up at him and closed the gap between us. I know it was cliche, but butterflies was erupting from my stomach. I couldn't believe I was kissing him, a boy, and I'm actually enjoying it. I felt him bite my lip which made me gasp then he shoved his tongue in my mouth exploring my mouth. My hands travel up his shirt his chest and side. Unfortunately we needed air, so we pulled away. We look at each longingly, brushing like crazy.

"That was actually my first kiss," I admitted.

"I'm surprised you're really good," he said giggling,"You actually have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

"I should probably go back my stuff," I said standing up.

"For what?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm going to tell my parents, they are going to kick me out, and I'm free to leave," I said smiling.

He bites his lip and starts to blush, then chuckles to himself. He pulls me onto his lap and looks up at me. I blush and my heart was beating out of my chest.

"Once you are kicked out, you're all mine," he said seductively.

"You're so bad," I said giggling,"I guess I do need a little devil in my life."

We kissed for a few more minutes and I decided to leave. My expectations were right, I was kicked out. It's a good thing I packed, so I grab my suitcase and flipped them off before I left. I step into Cameron's car and it was packed to the brim.

"Why are you packed?" I asked looking behind me.

"Because nothing is happening in Carolina why don't we go to LA, where everything is going on," he said taking my hand.

"Okay, but can we keep this thing between us and tell the fans when this whole Cash thing dies down," I asked giving him puppy dog eyes.

"It's our dirty little secret," He said smirking.