Chapter 1: Him

"Clary, get your ass up before you're late for school!" shouted my most dreadful step- monster. "I'm coming!" I shout as I run down the stairs only to be stopped by her fist to my already bruised face. "Don't take that tone of voice with me, bitch" she whispered in a low tone so my father wouldn't hear it "Have a good day at school dear" she added with mock love and admiriation. "Bye sweetheart!" my father called as i grabbed my keys and ran out the door only to head to another hell known as school. 'Drown' by Bring Me The Horizon began blasting from my stereo system as i drove the twenty minutes to Clarksvile Private that my dad had insisted on me going to. The school didn't have a uniform you had to wear, however my band t-shirts and ripped skinnies where the only ones you'd see around here. As I walked to my locker I had already been preparing myself for the awful notes people would put on my locker "Fag, Emo, Attention Whore.." and many more were always up there. Then I seen him. He was tall, then again most everyone is taller than me being 5'3 and all, but still, he had to be at least a foot taller. His hair was midnight black with dark blue streaks, covering his left eye, wearing black skinnies, a Crown The Empire band tee and a dark grey beanie. He was at my locker staring at the notes, and I couldn't cover my mouth before I shouted. "Hey! What the hell do you think you are doing?!" He turns to me and I see his eyes, they're a dark blue color, almost purplish. "Is this your locker?" Man, he has a really deep voice, kind sexy..... WAIT! no, you don't even know this dude. "Hello?.." I come out of the conversation in my head to see him looking at me with a worried expression on his face, who the hell does he think he is....... "Yes, that's my locker" I reply hating how soft my voice sounds, Damn it why am I being like this! He smiles a bit and flips his hair, okay i have to admit he is adorable. "Okay, Hi, I'm Jules, and you are?" he asks stretching out his hand "Clary... Why are you at my locker?" "I was looking at the beautiful artwork on it" He replied slightly sarcastic. "Well if you're quite finished being a smartass, I have to get to my locker" as I push past him I feel something be slipped out of my pocket. When I turn away from my locker after putting my books away I feel something slipped back in my back-pocket. I checked my phone and I see a message 'Thanks cutie ;)'- Jules. That sneaky bastard! Still I couldn't help but smile.