Chapter 1:Neighbors

Cameron pov

We finally are at the house, it's so big. It even has a towerish thing like in a castle. I look around the yard to see a little girl coming up to me.

"Hi I'm Addie! Your going to die in their" She says in a cheerful voice.

"Addie, first why are you here, second why are you saying that?" I ask her.

"Cam honey come here please." My mom interrupts by calling from upstairs.

"This is your new room and your brothers is right next to it and mine is close too so if you need any help unpacking just ask." she says.

"I'm fine mom, I'll start now. The movers already brought in my boxes and furniture so all I had to do was unpack the boxes." I say.

After unpacking all the boxes I lie down on my bed and take out my iMack and play Morrissey on my ihome.

"Hi." a teenage boy says as he stands in my door frame.

"Do I know you? How'd you get in my in my room... wait how'd you get in my house?" I ask him.

"You left the back door unlocked" He says as he walked over to me and say on my bed.

"That doesn't mean you can just walk in." I say in a rude voice.

"What's your name?" He asks as he sits down on my bed.

"Cameron Manson..." I say.

"Im Tate." He says.

He turns his head sharply to the door as another teenager walks into my room.

"Who's she?" She asks Tate in an annoyed tone.

"Her names Cameron, she's the new owner of the house" Tate explains to her.

"Oh I see you've found another girlfriend to ruin" She says as she stomps out of the room.

"Sorry about her, by the way her names Violet" Tate tells me.

"Oh, how are all these people getting into my house?" I ask getting angry.

"Who are you talking too?" My mother asks.

"No one, don't worry about it." I say rudely.

"Can I show you something? I know this house better than anyone" Tate asks.

He takes my hand without me even answering and pulls me down the stairs and into a small hallway with a door. Tate opens it and still holding my hand as he slowly walks down the creaky steps.

"Why are you taking me to the basement?" I ask.

"You'll see" He smirks at me.

I look around in the darkness to see at little red ball rolling at us. I can hear chains rattling in the distance.

"What is that?!?! It's coming closer!" I say starting to get scared.

"GO AWAY!" He yells at the darkness and the chains stop.

"Tate, what was that? Was it going to hurt us?" I ask while shaking.

"No, just don't go down there without me...but if it does happen again just close your eyes and yell GO AWAY. It usually always works" Tate says softly at the top of the stairs.

"Come on Tate I still need to finish unpacking." I say.

We walk into my room and finish unpacking my stuff. Since I had it halfway done, it didn't take too long.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, you stay here." I say as I leave the room.

When I come back, Tate is asleep on my bed. He looks so calm, not creepy or anxious like before. I sit leaning on my wall, just watching the slow rise and fall of his hand on his chest. The quiet is interrupted by knocking on my door.

"Cameron I need you to...who is that?" He asks while walking over to Tate.

"Don't wake him up, that's Tate. I met him a while ago. I think he lives near here." I say.

"I don't think I want you around him." He says as he walks out of my room, in guessing it was so I don't ask why...whatever.

I walk over to Tate and brush his hair out of his face. He's kinda cute, now that I think about it. As I walk away from my bed and into the hallway I hear a faint yawn.

"Cameron? Cameron where'd you go?" Tate asks as he rubs his eyes.

"I'm over here, wanna come?" I ask holding out my hand.

"Sure." He says as he takes it.