To The Man I've Loved Before (part 1)

SHORT STORY # 1

     I remember that one perfect snowy day, that day when I was so pissed off because you were late and I was waiting for you. I was just about to call you but that's when you suddenly knocked on the door.

I opened it, and it was a perfect picture, I remember that dimple on your cheek and that sparkle in your eyes as I saw you. You have brought me a gift, a heart-shaped chocolate tin box and a very large pink teddy bear. My heart just melted inside. I can't help but smile too wide, I was bursting with so much happiness I might just have broken my jaw for smiling too much. I hugged you so tight, and I didn't even care if the pink teddy bear just fell on the floor or how the chocolate box made too much noise. I just can't help but laugh at myself because I was too worried that you forgot our first wedding anniversary.

We held each other for far too long, and when I was about to break free from our warm embrace, that's when you kissed me on the lips it's as if I was shifted in another dimension full of hearts, teddy bears, butterflies and all the lovely things in this world. We didn't even noticed that we haven't closed the door yet and the cold wind was trying to put out the fire on the fireplace. You never really fail to surprise me, that was what I told you that time but you just looked at me and smiled.

***

I led you to the dining area, where I scattered petals all over the floor and a candlelit dinner prepared just for us. We even watched our favorite film while we cuddled and I remembered how you held my hand as if you never wanna let go, I just love the feeling of your warm hands intertwined with mine.

We even went outside that day, you told me that you can't wait to play with our kids someday. We even had a snowball fight. We made snow angels and snowmen, you even gave them names as if they were our children. We laughed and danced at the same time without a care in the world. Our neighbours even looked at us as if we were lunatics running around the snow but despite of the coldness outside, I felt cozy and happy that I got to spend time with you. I can't help but reminisce all those happy memories.

to be continued...