Dreams Can Come True

Maria Reyes POV

Walking through the woods.

What was I doing here?

I heard a laugh, one that sounded familiar, so I followed it coming into a clearing where there were streams of sunlight finding their ways through the leaf canopy covering the forest.

There, sprawled all in the shade of a tree, was a group of teenagers. One of which was my daughter.

They looked happy, relaxed and just content to lay in the company of one another on this sunny afternoon.

Erica was laying half in the sun, head rested on that boy, Vernon's, chest with her eyes closed looking peaceful and I was struck in awe to see how at peace she was with all the other people.

Glancing around from my spot hidden by the tree line, I could see that, to my shock, Derek Hale was amongst the young teenagers sat under a tree reading, whilst ignoring having the Sheriffs son, Stiles, nag at him to try and join there game of Truth or Dare.

He seemed to just blank the boy until, that is, Stiles pouted out his lower lip and stared at him with big whisky coloured eyes until he sighed and snapped the book shut in the younger boys face.

Stiles seemed thrilled though and turned to skip back to the others, and this seemed to tug a secret smile from the man's lips before he heaved himself up to join the others.

The group of 10 seemed to be a bunch of misfits but... They seemed happy and as though they were a really close group.

The last thing I heard before the picture started to change was a round of laughter filling the air as the boy with the curly hair pushed the one with the lopsided grin over.

When the scene cleared out again I looked to be in the middle of a similar glade, maybe the same one, but it was dark and cold out; a full moon and her beautiful twinkling children lighting up the night sky.

I felt as though I was being watched.

A woman slowly walked into the clearing, dressed in a full length beautiful red dress, black hair fluttering behind her.

I was straight in front of her but she didn't look as though she saw me, more like she saw through me.

She seemed calm enough, even if it was strange to be out in the middle of the night like this.

Then a shuddering howl ripped through the serenity and I turned just quick enough to catch a shape hurtling toward me.

It looked like a man.

But not a man.

It had sideburns but with excessive amounts of hair and its nose was broader between the eyes but that wasn't the strangest part.

It had glowing red eyes.

It looked similar to the man from the other part of my dream I realised, Derek Hale. But then I saw others coming from the trees as well and they all looked to be like the children from before but with the same deformities as the Derek had.

A bullet sounded and there was a flash from my right just as an arrow went straight through my head!

Straight through as if I was invisible!

Just then the woman, now behind me, let out a wail and all the charging children fell to the ground clutching their ears.

I caught sight of a blonde haired girl curling in on herself to my left and rushed to my daughter's aid, but as I tried to help it was rendered useless as my hand went straight through her; just as the arrow had done to me.