Chapter 22

Caleb Carson---->
Shit most emotional chapter I've ever written. You have been warned. Listen Brother by Falling in Reverse, its a perfect song.
______________________________
The past couple weeks have flown by so quickly. Me, Jen and the guys have been hanging out every chance we get. Jen came with us the other day to the factory. She was scared at first but then she got drunk and had the time of her life. Though she did try and get in the ring three times yelling the whole time, 'I can take on these dipshits! Let me at em!" I was laughing the whole time while the guys kept trying to duck from her punches when they kept her from entering the ring.

The training with Darron has been hectic. My whole body hurts just from thinking about the hours of torture, running, lunges, sit ups, push ups and the list goes on and on.

I've tried speaking with mom lately and she's actually becoming the woman I remember. It just took for Caleb to actually yell at her. He told her the truth, everything, about Dennis, and why I stayed there. To say I was pissed when I found out would be an understatement.

Mom wasn't to happy as well. She called me over that evening and gave me a huge lecture about not putting her health in front of my safety. After the screaming she fell to her knees and begged me to forgive her. It's not like I could ever stay truly mad at her. I forgave her without hesitation.

I know she still feels bad about how she treated me but I'm just so happy she forgave me.

It's two more days until my brothers birthday, so I know both me and mom will be sad but still put on a smile. Though we usually end up crying into each others arms by the end of the night.

I invited the guys and Jen over that night so they can follow our usual ritual. Movies, ice cream and crying. My mom is basically in love with Darron right now, and no not in a relationship kind of way, you could basically say she's adopting him as an unofficial son. When she found out that I was living with him, she kept thanking him profusely. I think Darron likes the love, he hasn't had a family in such a long time no one can blame him.

I haven't been bothered by Natasha ever since the incident with her parents which I'm so thankful for. Me and Jacob....you could say our relationship is still complicated.

He's tried to kiss me from time to time but I always refuse him. I have to admit he's a stubborn guy.

I'm just walking down the road lossed in my thoughts. Everything thats happened so far has been tough but it also shows who really is there for me.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when a black van pulls up besides me. I make a move to run but it all happens in slow motion. The door slides open revealing two men in ski masks. They catch me and start to drag me to the van.

I stomp down on ones foot and punch the other one out cold. I make a move to run again but I'm suddenly tackled to the ground by another person. I'm turned on my back and when I look up I find, Clarkson.

"Hey sweetie. We're gonna take a ride." I then feel a cloth being put over my mouth. Chloroform. And then I'm out.

I wake up to a pounding headache. I sit up and find myself in a car with Clarkson sitting in front of me, watching me intently. "What the hell do you want?" I spit at him but all he does is stare.

"Hello, speak any English you idiot?" I ask again. I make a move to open the door but of course it's locked. "You should have seen that coming, and you call me the idiot." Clarkson finely speaks.
"Well excuse me for trying." I say sarcastically. "Now, now no need for the sarcasm. Now I have to follow an order instructed from my father. He has heard about you threatening 'Killer' and this decision was made with 'Killer'. You will be fighting him in two days, so be ready." I look at hin shocked, I thought they were finally going to kill me, or at least try again.

"Sorry but no thanks I have a prior engagement that night. So you can go hang out with your brother that night, maybe some other time." I cross my arms over my chest and glare at him.

"My brothers has plans that night after the fight." He simply states. "Then go hang out with your other siblings or something!" I say feeling frustrated with this guy.

"Don't have anymore siblings. Though I've always wanted a sister....that's not the point, if you do not show up at the factory at 8pm in two days we will come get you and take you by force." He glares at me, which I challenge with my own.

"Well then you're just going to have to take me by force because I'm not coming. Now can I leave?" I say sweetly with a fake innocent look. He rolls his eyes then I hear the door unlock and it opens.

I step out only to feel a hand on my ass. I turn around to see its the guy I knocked out cold. He grabs my waist and pulls me to him. I squirm in his hold when he leans down and whispers in my ear, "After the fight you're mine to do with what I please."

I look at him, thinking this guy has taken to many knocks to the head. Clarkson head sticks out and he clears his throat. "Oh yeah did I mention that if you lose we own you? No? Okay well bye." Then they left.

I stand there dumbfounded. If I lose they own me? Hell no! No one owns me! I march down to my house and when I enter everyones there. I ignore them and march up stairs slamming my door closed and locking it.

I go to my private box thats at the top of my closet. I bring it to my bed and sort through the items finding the one thing that calms me down. Ellies letter.

Dear Tori

When you read this I'll probably be gone, I know I will its just a matter of time. Even though we never got to be closer than we were I just needed to tell you this before its to late.

You are and will always be the best sister in the world. Sure I use to always call you a brat but I loved you so so much. I wanted to be there for you in all the most special moments of your life. When you go on your first date, have your first boyfriend (that would take a while for you if I was there), see you graduate school and so on.

I'm sorry I will never be there to hold you anymore when it rains and theres thunder. If I could I would have stayed there without hesitation, but life is cruel. I hope you live to keep that promise you made me when I asked you to take care of mom and dad. I hope you do.

I hope you grow up to be the amazing, beautiful, intelligent girl I know you'll be. Well thats all I have to say and hope for. There's probably more but you know me I was never one with words.

I love you sis so much.

Love Elijah

I wipe my eyes, the tears blurring my vision. I clutch the letter close to my heart wishing he was here to say these words to me. That day when I found his body after the accident was the worst.

Flashback

"Mommy where's Ellie?" The four year old me asks. She gives me a smile but I can see somethings wrong. "He just went driving he'll be back soon." I think mommy was trying to convince herself rather than me. "Okay Mommy, can I take a walk please I promise I'll follow the path!" I scream and plea for her to let me. She sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose. "Fine but you are walking with Michael and Allison then." I agree and go fetch Michael and Allison, my cousins.

We start to walk well they walk while I skip. I have a huge grin on my face. Nothing could ruin my mood but then... I see a tire. I walk up to it there's nothing else around it.

I continue to walk and what I come across breaks and crushes my heart, there was no pain that hurt more than when I saw my big brother, the one I love with every fibre in my body laying on the floor not moving.

"Ellie!!!" I screech, I run to him and hug his body begging and pleading for him to wake up. I don't know how long it took for everyone to get there and for the ambulance to show up. When they did they said he was dead and there was nothing they could do.

I lost my brother that day and I know he wanted me to be an independent woman. And thats what I'll be. I will win the fight and not let them own me.