House of Disappearances

Chapter 2- House of Disappearances

*NINA'S POV*

Everyone was screaming and ran towards Victor. Trudy came in just as everyone was gathered around Victor , who was laying on the floor.

"What's going on here?" She asked sternly.

Everyone turned to look at her.

Joy started talking. "Well Eddie fell through the floor, then Victor came in and asked what happened. Then Victor looked scared, then he collapsed!"

Trudy ran over to where Victor was laying. Everyone moved out of the way. She checked Victor'a pulse. It was tiny and weak.

"I'm going to have to take him to the hospital!" Trudy stated, worried. "Boys, come help me carry him."

Fabian, Alfie, and Jerome carried Victor in the direction of the hospital. You could hear Alfie mumbling on the way out.

"Man Victor, you are a big boy! I mean seriously, what have you been eating!"

Amber heard Alfie and ran after him. "Alfie Lewis!!!! That wasn't nice! Come here you!"

Fabian came back to talk to me. "The rest of them can carry Victor. I wasn't helping much. Want to get started on dinner?" He pulled out a chair for me. I sat. He sat next to me. The only people left at the table were Mara, Joy, Patricia, Fabian, and I. I leaned in to talk to Patricia.

"Sibuna meeting tonight. Did you hear?" I whispered. She nodded no. "Midnight tonight in the attic. Tell Alfie!" I told her. I was so excited! We hadn't had a Sibuna meeting in FOREVER!I mean, it has been 3 full months! The whole summer! My chain of thoughts were broken by Joy talking.

"So Fabes, how's your science project going? Mrs. R. Said so far, I'm getting an A!" She said, batting her eyelashes and gawking at him. I hate when she does that. He's my boyfriend after all. She then turns to me. "And Nina," she says, looking into my eyes. "How was your summer?"

"Pretty boring." I reply with a forced smile. She rolled her eyes. The next thing I know she starts talking again and says:

"I figured. Boring people have boring summers, yeah?" With an evil smirk. Fabian was furious.

"Joy." He said through gritted teeth. "Nina is not boring!" She pretended to look surprised, but you could see it was fake and sarcastic.

"Did I say that out loud?" She opened her mouth, and said it super dramatically. Fabian turned bright red. He slammed his fists on the table, and went storming back to his room. I followed, but looked back at Joy. She looked confused, as if she had a plan that didn't work. I stepped in to Fabians room. He was sitting on his bed, still very angry. I sat next to him, the outside of our thighs touching.

"Fabian," I said. "I......" He cut me off.

"Nina! You can't let her keep making fun of you. Your not boring, or anything she called you before!"

"Fabian I know! Just let her......" I saw Joy walk in from the corner of my eye

"Nina i..." She started, before falling through the floor. Her scream echoed in the room.

"JOY!" I yelled.

But it was too late.