Broken Past - Weird looks.

Broken past.

Book cover is by thekingd0m

I would like to dedicate this to her for the awesome cover.

Chapter 1

"Stop worrying, Taylor. Everyone's going to love you, I still can't believe we're going to college, "said my best friend Cathy.

"Im not the one worrying, it's you." "Whatever, I can see the worry in your eyes." She flips her blonde hair and stares at me with her big, glistening blue eyes as I turn up the radio and respond with ,"Sure you can, Barbie." I usually call her Barbie to get on her nerves but I think it's because she secretly loves it. "Barbies fabulous, okay?." I pull down the sun visor mirror and I'm greeted with the sight of dull grey eyes,olive coloured skin and dirty blonde hair. I frantically try to fix the bird's nest that has magically appeared over night on my head.I shuffle through my bag ,searching for my tube of mascara to apply before we get to Stanford.

As I do a thought just occurs to me that i wouldn't have looked a drug dealer if the crazy girl i called my best friend didn't LITERALLY drag me out of our apartment. I look down at my outfit which consists of a pair of studded black shorts and a plain white tee along with my white Chuck Taylor's,just right to endure the Californian weather. Compared to Miami this weather is pretty easy to get used to. The sound of the engine switching off snaps me out of my reverie. We finally arrive at the famous Stanford College. "I can't believe we actually made it," i shriek with happiness which seems to startle Cathy out of her daze. I laugh at that sight of her enormous big eyes ,wide with fear and her harsh breathing from being startled by my loud shrieks. "Gosh Taylor, you scared the life out of me!" "Sorry! I was just stuck in the excitement of it all." A million butterflies exploded in my stomach, i could see that Cathy was feeling the same way. "Shall we go?" "We shall."

We got out of my red polo and linked arms as we walked towards the school,i was mesmerised at the sight that meets my eyes, it is bigger then thought it would be, the lawn was cut perfectly with a couple of students on the benches and some were lying on trees or laying on the grass revising, something about this reminded me about high school but the difference was that there were not many people on campus. We walked though the double doors and the smell of paper and perfume filled my nostrils, You have got to love school. I waved good bye to my friend as we walked out separate ways to our class, i rummaged though my bag to find my class schedule, My first class is English, great start to the day; everyone loves english.

I made my way to class, avoiding the stares from a couple of people and trying not to bump into anyone on my first day, i wouldn't want anyone thinking I'm a klutz. Room 108-English. I read as i stood in front of the door, I were pretty sure it was the english classroom since it blatantly said 'English', so I pushed it open and saw it was quite deserted only a few students scattered around the class,

I sat in the middle row and started tapping my red nail on my desk, not realising a presence had sat next to me, i started tapping with all my fingers on the desk out of boredom, the presence put his hand on top of mine to stoping me from making anymore noise, "Just stop please, i already have a head ache" he said in a husky voce as he stares at the floor, if his eyes were lasers, I'm pretty sure he would have burned a hole though it. "Sorry, I'm just bored."

He looked up at me, he scrunched his eye brows together and gave me a weird look; "Umm, why are you looking at me like that? Do i have something on my nose? Is my snot dripping out? Oh no, this is so embarrassing, Do i still have some spinach stuck in my teeth, from last nights spinach casserole?" I sighed as i were going to go though my bag for my pocket mirror, when he stopped me by putting a hand on my arm, Electric impulses shock though my arm as he touched me, "You look fine, calm down; i just thought i recognised you from somewhere but i was mistaken." "Oh, I'm Taylor by the way." "Aiden." He had short layers of light brown hair with flecks of gold embedded into it and warm green eyes not to forget his flawless tan skin, He must be a surfer. "Well i used to surf, but not anymore, i don't really have the time; with school in the way."

Did i just say that out loud, oh well i did, he also wore a short sleeve black v-neck that clung onto his body along side a pair of burgundy chinos and black overused leather doctor martens, that have clearly seen their days. "Cool." I responded At that moment the english teacher walked in, and wrote her name on the white board 'Mrs Aubrey.' She is a petite young lady, probably around her thirties and she wore a pink and white floral print dress that came up to her knee's that brang out her baby blue eyes and neatly tied back bun of black hair, not a single hair was misplaced. "Hello students, as you all know this is a new year and a fresh start, the topic that we will be doing is media, and i will be assigning you in partners to do this; it will also be a good way for the sophomores to get to know the freshman, each sophomore will be paired up with one freshman, please make them feel comfortable and please be kind," a couple of scoffs came from the back of the room, i ignored them as she carried on explaining;

"you have to do a project on the person sitting next to you; you have to video what it is to be that person and how their life is, get to know them and their family, ask them questions, be it; what their favourite food is or even colour, be creative; have fun with the project, you may now discuss everything with your partner for the last five minutes."

Wow, time really flew right by; first lesson is already finished. I turned towards Adien as he took out his planner, He motioned for me to do the same so i did; I'm at aback by how organised he is, for someone who looks like a laid back person, I guess the saying is true; 'Never judge a book by its cover'. "Do you have any free periods that we could work together on it?" "I have period five just after lunch". "Me too, meet me outside the cafeteria?" "Yeah, its a date."

My cheeks tinted up at the thought and i slapped his arm "Shut up." He smirked and said "Aggressive much,i knew you could keep your hands off me, could you." With that he went off, he shouts "See ya later Taylor!" "You too!" I shout back, i probably sound like a lunatic because i were the only one in the class room. A/N I really hoped you liked me first chapter. Many thanks to my sister for editing my work. Perks having an older sister. If you liked this, Don forget to FAN, VOTE AND COMMENT Love you xoxo.