The Story

Nea ran. She ran through the crowded streets, dodging old men, women with too much parfum, giggling teenage girls and a small crying child, while pressing a small package against her chest. Angry screams could be heard behind her, and then a surprised squeek as one of the teenage girls was shoved out of Nea's followers way. The girl tripped and fell but Nea couldn't care less. She speedened up and turned into an alley, smiling triumphally. When her follower, a middle-aged, zangry looking man arrived in said alley, breathing heavily, there wasn't any sign of the white haired, small girl. Grumbling to himself, the man left. Nea giggled in her hiding place. 'That was almost too easy.' she thought to herself while opening the little package with food she just stole from the shop-owner. That was when she heard voices outside her little hiding place. Voices that were coming nearer. She couldn't really understand what they were saying until they stopped by her home. Now she could hear exactly what they were saying and it defenitely was going in a bad direction.

"Hey Mello. What's this?"

'Oh no, please not' she thought.

"What's wha- Oh! Hey! Why's there a curtain hanging on that wall, Matt?"

A sigh was heard.

"I don't know, let's look."

Someone was in front of the curtain that was covering the entry to the hole in the wall in which Nea was sitting. There was barely enough room for one person but it was one of her favorite hiding places, because she was the only one who knew it. Nea hugged her knees tightly, hoping they would go away. But of course they wouldn't.

The curtain was shoved away and revealed the face of a red haired male with a cigarette in his mouth and a psp in one hand. Behind him was standing a blonde boy. Well, at least Nea thought it was a boy, but he had long hair and looked kinda like a flat chested woman. With a chocolate bar in his hand. Then her attention was drawn back to the redhead, because he spoke up: "Mello, there's a girl in the hole in the wall." Nea shifted uncomfortably, while thinking about her chances of getting away. Then she saw the gun in the blonde haired guys other hand and forgot the idea. No way. "I can see that, Matt." The blonde said in an annoyed voice. Neas eyes widened in shock as the the shop-owner appeared again. "There you are, you little rat." he growled. The two males turned around and the older man tried to grab Neas arm. She immediatly jumped out of the hole, dodging the man and hiding behind the redhead since she was still not sure if she could trust the guy with the gun.

He looked slightly surprised but didn't move. Instead he spoke to the shop-owner. "What's this about?" The shop owner gave him a quick look, then his eyes went back to Nea, giving her a death glare. Nea hid more behind the redhead. This would be the perfect moment to run away, if this street hadn't been a deadlock. She sighed and clung onto the boys back, hoping the two would protect her. What was pretty unlikely but whatever. The man answered now and Nea was brought back to reality. "That little rat stole food from my shop." The redhead gave her a questioning look and she blushed and hid her face in his back. He took that as yes and reached into the hole to pull out the little package. Nea was about to protest when she realized she was being watched by the blonde guy. So she stayed still and did nothing but watch as the shop-owner protested that he couldn't sell that stuff anymore and the blonde raised his gun slowly. The shop-owner immerdiatly shut up and left the alley. There was a short silence and Nea was still clunging onto the redheads shirt. Then the blonde spoke up. "Great, now could we please go back home? Why did we help that little thief anyway? This is not our bussiness." She gave him a scared look. Would he kill her now? "Mello, calm down. We can't just leave her here. Can't you see? She's alone. She wouldn't need to steel if she had someone to take care of her." The blonde guy- Mello- sighed. "Of course we can just leave her. Matt, This is not our damn business."