Chapter 10- She's kidding right?

HOLY CRAP! Ya'll are AMAZING!!! I don't know if I could ask for better fans guys!!! You are so completely AWESOME its unbelievable. All's I can say is WOW oh WOW! You make me want to be better for yall! I wish I really could give you guys cupcakes!!! But for now I will stick to virtual cupcakes...Sorry the real ones are mine. :) YUM! :) Hope you guys like this one!

On with the show!

Chapter 10- She's kidding right??

Kevin's POV

I only caught the last bit of the conversation in the kitchen. "Good Luck with her brother though ...  that would should be fun to watch" Megan voice giggled.

 It was pretty much all there. It was obvious if you were looking for it. I waited for them to leave the kitchen before coming up the stairs. I looked at Luke as I passed through , he looked torn.
"You alright man?"

I asked him. He stayed in the same spot he was in. Hands on his face staring at the wall, beyond deep in thought. Actually if he wasn't breathing you would think he was dead as still as he was, I thought he was for a minute there.

"HEY?" I raised my voice to get his attention. He snapped out of his trance and looked at me. Horror written in his eyes, but quickly wiped it away and faked a smile.

"Oh, Hey man, what's up?" he asked
"I could ask you the same thing. You alright man?" I asked him again.

"Yea.. Just...thinking. You need some help?" he said faking another smile.
"Sure, here take this out while I kick Seth up here with the next load. " I snickered. He nodded taking the cases from me.

It took about 10 minutes to Finnish up with the ice and soda and load them down in the coolers. We added some water and juices for the kids.

My mom and dad walked around the corner and walked up to us with smiles.
"Hey kids." she said warmly. We both smiled and hugged her and my dad.
"So where is that daughter of mine?" My father asked.
"Inside." I told them.
"Well I'm gonna go see if anyone needs help in the kitchen" My mom said turning to head to the back door.
"Good luck, everything is done in there. Eva went nuts and tried to blow up the kitchen, Im not even sure how we are gonna fit it all out here. The only thing left is to bring it out and that should wait till the rest of the pack gets here." Luke snickered, as more pack members arrived.
 "Well, then I'll just go say hi to my daughter then." She said with the same smartassed teasing smile as Eva. It was never a question where she got her quirk.

I shook my head at her and snickered. I turned to Luke and sighed
"Hey can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked him.
He looked at me warily but nodded.

"Well I'm gonna go teach those boys how to use this amazing grills." my father said with a smile. We laughed at his enthusiasm, as he walked off. Oh dear god, He's gonna try to blow us all up! I better hurry up with the unpleasantness and get back before the guys string my dad up to a tree by his toes.

I nodded to the bench at the edge of the yard. We walked in silence. We reached the bench and I turned to him
" Talk to me man." I said turning to him.
"What do you mean?"
" I mean your off, your acting weird, we used to talk all the time. The last few months you have shut me out, and it's got to me. So much so I've broke my own code and now having a 'chick talk' with you. And I'm a lil freaked out that it came to this. I'm acting like Megan." I said to him with a small smile.
  He blew out a breath.
"Nothings wrong man, just have alot on my mind lately that's all." His answer was too quick.
I sighed not believing a thing he said to me. He was being to vague.
  I guess I was just going to have to dive right in there. "Does this happen to have anything to do with a certain ninja we both know?" I asked trying to lighten the mood a little. His eyes widened but what I noticed the most was his heart rate sped up as soon as I said it. I listened to his breathing as I waited for his response. Something was definitely off with him, and I was about to blow it up!

He sighed. "What are you talking about?" he asked

Ok he was gonna play hard ball. I'm gonna have to pull out the big guns now.
"Don't play that with me Luke, I've watched you lately. I've seen things that can only be explained as paranormal, and I have heard things that's made me wanna pour bleach in my ear, and these things always happen when Eva's around. I thought I was seeing things or overreacting, until today when you OFFERED her the pack card that you are ridiculously tight fisted with. You just handed it to her, no questions asked! I've seen the look in your eyes when you look at her. Its not something that you do!  So you can either tell me or I can go talk to Megan and the stupid twins." I told him.
He groaned and sat down leaning his elbows on his knees putting his head in his hands.
"Ok but you have to hear me out." he said not looking up at me.
"ok" I said crossing my arms while I waited.
He mumbled something under his breath that sound like he was cussing at himself.
"what?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

He took a deep breath and looked up at me and held my eyes.
"She's my mate" He said confidently, holding my gaze with out blinking. And there's what I was worried about.  His breathing was steady and his heart rate was normal. Damn it, he was telling the truth.  I cant believe he tried to hide this from me. I was heated. I took a deep breath and sighed.
 "Explain please" I said trying to stay as calm as possible. If this is what he has been hiding from me I'm pissed. I'm not sure why he wouldn't talk to me about this. At the very least tell me he found his mate. He was supposed to be my best friend.
"I don't know even where to start" he said lowly
"Well try, I would like to understand why you have been keeping something like this from me, Your Best friend! I thought I was your Bro man, but I guess I was wrong. Tell me, when did this happen?" I asked him.
"over Christmas break" he said looking past me to the house.

  Well that makes sense. He stared acting weird about that time it was only about 2 months ago he pulled away from everyone. I waited for his answer. I looked away before I disrespected his wolf.
"Ok let me ask this how do you know? She's not 17 yet."
"I don't really know how or why I found out before she turned 17 but my wolf is sure and so am I. But at this point I am 100% positive she is. Took me a little while to come to terms with it too. After she went back to school I thought things would get back to normal, even though I had this half empty feeling deep inside. But after every girl I hooked up with not only was my wolf was pissed every time did, but after I left,  I felt ridiculously guilty and so hurt it was almost painful at times, but the worst part was . I never heard the end of it from my wolf. It took nearly 3 months to realize that I've always been pulled to her, we talk or we used to until the last few years. I know things about her, no one else knows, she trusts me enough to call me a close friend, but I want more. Hell I crave more. I cant stand to be away from her these days.  She deserves more after all she's been through. I don't know why I get her but I do. She deserves better than me. I would do anything for that girl, you of all people should know that. I know you don't want to hear this, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you man, I just didn't know how. " he told me. Seriousness written all over his face. I nodded at him.
"Well this is weird. " I snickered. "ok so talk to me, tell me what you know that I don't" I asked.
"I'm not at liberty to discuss that with you bro, you know she would kill me" He laughed out at me.