Chapter 12

chapter 12 - Louis

"Shh, don't wake the demon up! He just started that shit last night when we got back."

"He can't sleep till noon."

"And he won't. There's approximately four minutes and thirty two until noon, so shut your face."

Groaning in annoyance at the two voices wakening me, my eyes peeled open to reveal Harry and Liam standing at the foot of my bed. I realized Harry had been the one saying to let me sleep, but I was almost thankful that they weren't letting me. I slept too much.

Abruptly, the realization of what happened last night come rushing back at me. I hadn't meant to be completely irrational by jumping off the rocks, I thought it'd be fun. Besides, Harry is always overly cautious with every little thing I do, so I wasn't expecting it to be as seriously dangerous as he made it out to be. But he had saved me, and after that he had gone completely ballistic on me. You'd think he'd try to console me after I nearly died, but no; he yelled. He yelled like he always does because those damn mood swings of his always get the better of him, and I hate it.

"See? Happy, Liam? He's awake now thanks to you," Harry muttered.

"Shh," I shushed as I squeezed my eyes shut. "Louis isn't in the mood for this mess so early."

"Is Louis in the mood for talking about himself in third person?" Liam chuckled.

I mustered a smile in return, pushing myself up with my arms and sitting against the headboard of the bed

"Come on, Lou. We're all about to go out on another hunt," Harry said, avoiding eye contact and I figured it was because of the scene that occurred last night.

"Must I go?" I grumbled, peeking up at the both of them. "I'm really not in the mood, and unless you want to deal with me complaining about the pain in my thigh, I don't think it's the best option for any of you to bring me along."

Harry rubbed his face with his hands, but Liam gave me a soft smile and said. "Yeah, you can stay here. Harry's just too over protective to leave you by yourself."

Liam laughed as Harry shot him a glare. "He's not staying here alone, Liam."

I rolled my eyes. "You always underestimate me, Styles."

Harry rose an eyebrow. "Is that right? You jumped off a four foot pile of rocks and nearly killed yourself."

Clamping my jaw shut, I pursed my lips and huffed, looking away from him. Liam snickered as there was a slight knock at the door, Jessie's head popping through as he gave me a soft smile. He entered, Harry's body tensing noticeably as he avoided eye contact with his brother.

"There! Jessie can stay with you, Louis. Right, Jessie?" Liam asked.

Jessie shrugged. "I can if he needs me to."

"He doesn't," Harry snapped.

I gave him a sharp look, then turned to Jessie with a small smile. "Thanks, Jessie. As long as you don't mind being a personal servant, then it's all good."

Jessie chuckled. "Nah, I don't mind."

Harry's jaw tightened, but Liam was already pulling towards the door. Harry shot Jessie a glare while Liam was informing me they wouldn't be long. After that, they were gone as quick as they came.

Jessie gave me a genuine smile. "So, is there anything in particular you do when you're home alone?"

"Hmm..." I pondered, pursing my lips in thought. "I usually lay on the couch all day like the lazy bum I am, watching romantic comedies with a bunch of junk food but you know...We don't have to do that."