1 - Abuse

I walked out onto the school yard, looking around for my friend Blake. I spotted him and started walking towards him, with my math book in hand. I was ready to work on multiplication and division. I was walking when something hit me from behind the knees, causing them to buckle.

I grunted as someone kicked me in the gut as soon as I fell. I looked up to see a 10 year old named Zachary Elliot, snickering at the blood running from my nose. He kicked me again and I cried out in pain.

His cronies and him picked me up and threw me against a wall. I looked over for a teacher but, of course, only Mrs. Patterson was out. She never paid any attention to anything as she just sat there reading a book the whole time.

I cried out in pain as one of them grabbed my wrist and twisted. Zachary looked down at me and grinned sadistically. "So, that's your weakness?" He asked.

I glared at him. "Do it again." He commanded the guy who was holding my wrist. He twisted until I heard a snap and I suddenly couldn't feel my arm.

I cried out in pain and cried as they did the same thing to my ankle. But my ankle didn't snap like my wrist, it was just sore afterwards.

After twenty minutes of them torturing me, the bell finally went off. I laid there on the cement, bleeding for about five minutes.

When I saw Blake walk past me, glancing at me every few seconds, a little voice in my head said: "So much for being friends."

I walked to the nurses office, where she bandaged my hand and told me what to do if my ankle broke later on. She knew my situation at school and at home so she never asked any questions about what had happened.

After we talked for a bit, I decided that it was time to go. I said goodbye and left the school, walking home on my near broken ankle.

When I got home after about ten minutes of walking, I entered and dropped my bag in my bedroom. I walked quietly into my kitchen to see my 'parents' making out on the kitchen table. I ate cereal on that table this morning.

I shivered and tried to walk away without being noticed, but I failed miserably. "Get back here, you little idiot!"

My mom's high pitched voice showed that she was in a bad mood. I walked hesitantly back in and my dad grabbed my hair and punched me, sending me flying into the wall.

"We aren't going to tolerate you being late anymore." My father said in a low, feral growl. I nodded fearfully. "I won't be late again."

My mother suddenly appeared at his side, beer bottle in hand. "What's that on your hand? And what happened to your eye?" She asked suspiciously. "Did you get into a fight?"

I shook my head, but before I could respond, two beer bottles came down on my head, leaving me bleeding. I wouldn't have screamed but I did when I realized a piece of glass had embedded itself into my arm deeply.

I laid on the floor as both of my parents used me as their personal punching bag.

My father had a 'great' idea. He decided to gently remove (mercilessly rip out) the shard of glass from my arm and stab it into my stomach, and then twist. I screamed at the top of my lungs while my mother giggled in delight.

"Great idea, sweetie!" My mother exclaimed happily. They began to make out when my father pulled away. "Wait. We need to give him his punishment."