Chapter 16

“I’m gonna miss you Sam, have fun.” I said hugged Sammy tightly. Sam gripped me hard back. “I wish you would be coming.” Sam said sadly.

I sighed as we let go. “It’s alright, I’ll just be with Jake.” I said eyeing Jake out the corner of my eye, who was currently talking to Ty.

Sam sighed, “Yeah, I know I just feel guilty.” She said looking at me with regret in her eyes.

“Hey,” I playfully shoved her shoulder. “Don’t worry about me. You’re going to the Bahamas, be happy!” I said trying to cheer up a saddened Sammy.

“Flight 122 is now boarding.” A smooth sounding voice announced over the intercom. 

“Come on Sam, Ty!” Peter called at his children.  Shirley was beside him, making friends with one of the a hispanic TSA worker. She laughed at something the worker said.

“Bye big bro.” I said giving him a quick hug. “Bye lil sis.” Ty said giving me a small smile.

Ty looked at Jacob with a serious expression. “You better take care of her, if you don’t I’m coming after her.” Ty said solemnly staring at Jake. 

I couldn’t help, but giggle at Ty’s expression. 

A smile played on Jake’s lips, but he shook it off and put of a serious expression. “Don’t worry bruh. I’ll be a good babysitter.” Jacob said quickly glancing at me with a grin.

I elbowed him in is side and he let out a grunt. I smiled at my small victory.

“Kids! Come on!” Peter called out again a bit perturbed as the hold up. “Sorry pops!” Ty called out as he gave waved us bye and quickly caught up with his parents.

“Bye Lee,” Sam said giving me one last quick hug. “And if you,” She pointed at Jacob, “Hurt her, I’m cutting you’re balls off and shoving them in your mouth.” She said in a no-nonsense tone.

I saw Jacob wince, probably imagining Sam coming through with her threat. He chuckled, “Agreed, bye Sam.” He said as she strutted off in her baggy sweat pants and loose T-shirt with her blond her straight bouncing on her shoulders.

“Bye Sam!” I called as they walked through security.

I sighed, being with Sam had become an everyday part of life. Most people would grow tired of the other person, but that never seemed to happen between Sam and i.

She knew just the right time to say something to me and she knew the right time to not say anything. As I did the same with her. She was my sister.

“Come, cheer up squirt you’re stuck with me for three weeks.” Jacob encouraged, seeing the expression on my face.

“Ahh, thanks for reminding me how much my life sucks.” I said sighing. 

Jacob put his hand over his heart feigning hurt. “Ouch.” He joked. 

I giggled at him as I watch Sam and company walk out of security and towards their gate. 

“Time to go.” I said as Jacob led me out of the air port, into the vast parking lot. Cars filed in as people were rushing in and out with their luggage. Everyone seemed as though they were rushing to get somewhere.

“Why did you make me wear a navy blue shirt?” I asked looking down at my navy blue Polo v-neck and white shorts with a pair of flip-flops. 

I looked at Jake who was wearing a pair of loose jeans and a white Pirates t-shirt that had an animated Pirate on the back. 

He gave me a sly smirk, “You’ll see.” He said as we climbed into his sleek Hummer.

We settled into the vehicle and he pulled out. “You’re repping for my favorite team now?” I asked curiously as I eyes his T-shirt.