Chapter 10

" You have my number if you need me, if anything happens just call me and I'll come straight back." I explain frantically as I pour water into the pot to make macaroni and cheese. I'm not very used to leaving Maya with anyone, plus I'm going to meet Dylan and his lawyer for lunch and I'm more than a little nervous. I really don't handle the idea of losing Maya as well, at all.

Chuckling at me, Anthony takes the pot of water from me and lays it on the stove, before speaking. " Mia, stop. Maya and I will be fine, and you Dylan will come to an argument. Now you're going to late if you don't go, so get out of here. I promise I will call you if anything happens, but nothing is going to happen.

Nodding back at him, I rest my head on his shoulder, before pulling away with a sigh. " You're right, you're right. I'm going. I already said goodbye to Maya, I'll see you later. Thanks for everything." I smile over my shoulder, and grab my purse and jacket off the snack bar chair. With a final wave, I'm out the door and headed to my car.

Once I arrived at the restaurant, I immediately s and see Dylan and a woman sitting at a table by a window, but before I get out of the car, Logan my lawyer, slide into my passenger seat; scaring me to death. " Sorry to scare you," he smiles, " Now, let's get some things straight before we got in there. Let me do all thee talking, Dylan's probably going to say things that you disagree with, but let me handle it. We want you to look as good as you can. If at any point you feel uncomfortable or worried, then go to the restroom ad give yourself a minute to think.

Nodding in response, I follow him out of his car, and toward the restaurant but then I take the lead to navigate to the table since he doesn't know Dylan or his lawyer. " Hey Mia," Dylan speaks when we step up to the table, and we're all introduced to one another. " " Okay, let's get down to business." Megan, Dylan's lawyer, speaks, " Dylan obviously deserves partial custody, and we're prepared to take this issue to court if we have to. We're also prepared to sign an agreement today that the two of you share custody 50/50.

" I don't want Maya to have to be shuffled back and forth between us during the week." I answer, and Logan shoots me a warning look. " Mia, you know that's not what I want, right ? I want to be able to see and spend tome with my daughter. I won't do anything that will hurt your relationship with her. What if we try to do this without our lawyers? Please just give me a chance to show you that all I want is to spend a little time with Maya okay ?"

Dylan's words bring tears to my eyes, so I cant even speak a reply so I simply nod. After a few seconds, I finally add " Okay." " Can I come see her tonight ?" He asks, and I nod back at him. Why not right ? I mean how bad can it be to have Dylan see Maya?

As I place the kitchen and try to focus on coking dinner, I can't help but worry about what it will be like to have Dylan in my house, with just Maya and I. We haven't been alone in a room together in five years. " Momma! " I hear Maya yell, so I sprint into the living room. " What ? What's wrong ?" I ask, looking at her sprawled out the couch working on her model. " And don't waist any glue on the couch." I add, but before she can respond, the door bell rings, so I make my way toward the door.

" Jeez mom, it's only been ringing for like five minutes." Maya laughs, then looks back at her model, ignoring me as I open the door for Dylan. " Sorry about that, I was in the kitchen." I lie slightly, as I let Dylan inside. " Daddy ! "Maya yells with a large grin spreading across her face as she runs through the living room and to where Dylan is standing. Picking her up, Dylan smiles at me lightly, " You probably shouldn't be running in here princess, and I heard that you're working on a project ? How about and help you while Mom makes dinner ? "

Nodding, the two of them make their way back into the living room, so I make my way back into the kitchen. Looking through the fridge quickly, I pull out the bottle of tequila stashed in the very back and take a swing from the bottle, feeling it burn so I can take another swing before returning the bottle into it's hiding place. I'm guessing that with Dylan back in the picture, that bottle will be coming out of it's hiding place more frequently.