In The Bell Tower

If you're wondering who worked as a bell ringer, I'll tell you the answer - it was Quasimodo. His life wasn't easy as Nesila's life. He had to be the whole day in the bell tower and ring the beautiful bells. They were making a beautiful music by their ringing. Quasimodo was, unfortunatly, half deaf of their music. He was also half blind. He could see everything around him just with one eye. He was quite short. Quasimodo had a hunch on his back. That's the reason he was called the Hunchback of Notre Dame by people. They have never seen him, but they knew he is half formed. How? Stories are going through the town for years.

Where is he now? He went to the stone railing of the south bell tower and looked outside. It was very beautiful day. Sun was shining brightly, little birds sang their morning song. However, everything was peaceful. He looked at one gargoyle's mouth - there was a nest and a baby bird in it.
' Good morning,' Quasimodo said softly to the little white bird, which cooed softly in the mouth of the statue. ' You ready to fly? Is today gonna be the day? ' he asked the pile of downy feathers. The bird just hid under its wing, as it would say: ' I don't know, I'm not ready yet.'
' You sure? ' Quasimodo asked. ' It's a good day to try! ' Little birdie looked at the migratory birds who were leaving the cathedral. The poor little creauture was still thinking: ' To fly or not to fly? I'm too scared.' ' Why?' Quasimodo asked the little bird when it replied by whistling to him. He picked up the bird from the nest. ' If I could pick a day to fly; oh, this would be it! The Festival of Fools.' He outstreched his hands over the stone railing. The colourful tents and booths were being set up in the square. The calls of the gypsies echoed off the stone colossus. ' It'll be fun! There'll be jugglers, and music;' A beat of air blew against his hands as the baby bird began to flap its wings and float; slowly, but steadily above his embrace. ' And dancing, and...' He stopped after the bird reached the height of his head, holding his hands up for the bird to see as proof that it was flying, and was ready to leave. The bird opened its eyes and looked at Quasimodo, then back at the ground beneath them, and released a lovely, confident chirp as it stopped flapping its wings and fell back into the hunchbacks waiting hands. He started laughing softly at the accomplishment right as the flock of birds flew by, the cooing echoing like a call to the baby bird to join them. The bird in question began chirping wildly, looking between the hunchback and the flock, as if to say it was eager and ready to leave the cathedral it had grown up in. Inside, Quasimodo felt a pang of jealousy. But it didn't bother him for the moment. He had bigger things to attend to. With a kind smile, he stroked the scruff on the bird's head.
' Now go on! Nobody wants to stay cooped up here forever!' The young man recoiled one of his hands as the baby bird began to flap its small wings and take flight, trying to catch up to the rest of its flock.

The hunchback watched with silent content as the flock of birds disappeared into the light of the sun to the right of the Palace of Justice, free to go and come as it wished. Quasimodo sighed with a sadness. He really wanted to go outside and see the world, but he was afraid that people would judge him if he comes out. A loud gagging sound interrupted his thoughts. ' Ugh!' the gargoyle spit the straw out of his mouth, combing the stray bits from his tongue with his cloven hooves. ' I thought that rat would never leave! I'll be spitting feathers for a week!' He complained as a bunch of white downy feathers poured from in between his bottom teeth.
' Well Hugo, that's what you get for sleeping with your mouth open!' The gargoyle on Quasimodo's left answered to the plight of the talking statue. ' Ha ha ha, go scare a priest,' the gargoyle mumbled under his breath, knowing Victor had been right. He quickly forgot what he was mad about and leaned over into Quasimodo, a playful glint in his grey eyes. ' Hey, what'cha watchin'? A fight? A flogging?' he guessed as the hunchback looked down at the festival being set up below them.
' A festival, ' Victor guessed leaning in on the boy's right. The gentle giant nodded, his ginger locks blowing in the light breeze. ' You mean the Feast of Fools?' Hugo guessed with so much enthusiasm Quasimodo doubted when Hugo said he couldn't fly.
' Uh huh,' he replied in a bored tone, despite the giddy atmosphere. 'Alright, alright! Pour the wine,' The pig like gargoyle held out one of his arms in a pouring motion. ' And cut the cheese! ' he started armpit farting, much to Victor's dismay. ' It is a delight to witness the colorful pageantry of the simple peasants.' he added. Hugo scooted over, knocking Victor to the side as he vied to cheer his friend up. ' Nothing like balcony seats for watching the old FOF, eh Quasi?' he peered down at the square below. A huff came from the twenty year old man, his eyes were dark and bored. ' Yeah; watch,' he said halfheartedly and turned to walk away from the balcony, the sight of the yearly tradition too much to bear. ' Hey, wait! What gives?' Hugo turned to the hunchback, who didn't answer.
Victor followed the gargoyles gaze, his face etched with confusion. 'Aren't you going to watch the festival with us?' he called out to Quasimodo as he turned the corner to go inside the bell tower. ' I don't get it, ' Hugo admitted defeat as Victor looked over at him fellow gargoyle with a look of horror striking his face. ' Do you think he's sick?' he asked breathlessly.
' Impossible!' Laverne hopped hands first, a flock of pigeons following behind as he came closer. ' If twenty years of listening to the two of you hasn't made him sick by now,' He scoffed and hopped to the ground from the stone railing, the pigeons trailing behind like a shadow. 'Nothing will.' He finished with a small cackle.